Anyone in the USA offering modification of the stock exhaust pipes ?

So I cannot find any aftermarket exhaust that meets my needs related to appearance, especially when cost in taken into account.

In the UK there is https://www.therealtoyshop.co.uk that modifies stock exhausts to make a deeper louder sound, but I am in USA.

Anyone aware of such a service here in the united states ? This requires the stock pipes to be opened and modified.

They will "get better" sounding after a few thousand miles and the Bren Tuning helps with performance and sound. YRMV, but for the $ of exhaust work I would and did opt for the tune. You could enjoy the better performance and assess the stock exhaust improvements and later modify/swap the exhaust if more noise is desired.

Good luck and hopefully there will be more companies offering support in the near future as R18 models are seeing better numbers being sold.

They will "get better" sounding after a few thousand miles and the Bren Tuning helps with performance and sound. YRMV, but for the $ of exhaust work I would and did opt for the tune. You could enjoy the better performance and assess the stock exhaust improvements and later modify/swap the exhaust if more noise is desired.

Good luck and hopefully there will be more companies offering support in the near future as R18 models are seeing better numbers being sold.

Mine is over 8000km and the sound is really louder now
It is perfect to me, no need for more

Try to find someone that has a take off exhaust as I have suggested in a previous thread or wait till the aftermarket catches up.
Modifying is not a option for me after seeing what it costs just to replace a stock pair of mufflers.$1300 each!Yeah,over $2600.Not cuttin mine up and the cat headpipe probably cost more.Did not check that price as my Indian cat retails for $1500,so I have a complete oem exhaust for my Indian if I ever need to put it back on.Besides the newer catalysts are very hi-flow and really are't much of a issue as I have some expierence actually seeing 1st hand dyno numbers w/the cat & w/o the cat. VIRTURALLY no difference.
If you want more exhaust note here is a electronic controller that keeps the flapper valve open at all times.The part number is the same as the BMW s1000rr.I called them to verify and they affirmed the Servo Buddy will work.
BTW,The BT MOTO tuner/BrenTune is the best mod I did to my bike.Best running a deeper sounding exhaust.
Last thing,Good luck...

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I have read the replies here and have further questions.....

So if I purchase an aftermarket slip on muffler only ( no other pipes) would I need to reflash/reprogram my computer or use a servo buddy as mentioned above ?

I agree ONE THOUSAND%. I think the stock exhaust is not only of superb quality, it sounds excellent. I have only 150mi on my Classic, and have yet to Brentune it. I am looking forward to a better running, sounding bike. Now if it would only stop snowing!

So if I purchase an aftermarket slip on muffler only ( no other pipes) would I need to reflash/reprogram my computer or use a servo buddy as mentioned above ?
No

YUP, found them, and the cables....question..... does this flapper adjust the volume of the exhaust ?

What is its function ?
1.Exhaust butterfly valves are a type of actuator used to silence or reduce noise emitted from certain applications
2.In emission control, exhaust gas flaps are used to divert the exhaust gas flow. In this way, they trigger the HC (Hydrocarbon) absorbers or bring the starter catalyst to operating temperature more quickly.

Hope that helps.

Anyone aware of or know someone or a shop that can remove the baffles out of the stock mufflers ?

I just want to remove the baffles for a deeper and slightly louder sound with no other modifications or tune.

Does anyone know who can drill out the baffles ?

no

Anyone aware of or know someone or a shop that can remove the baffles out of the stock mufflers ?

I just want to remove the baffles for a deeper and slightly louder sound with no other modifications or tune.

no

Not wanting to be a jerk here but, the waiting is the hardest part.
If you really like the look of your stock oem mufflers.May I suggest finding a pair of take-offs from someone that has bought a set of slip-ons.I know from personal expierence that it was frustrating when Indian Motorcycles came back in 2013 with the 2014 models.
I could not find or buy anything for it.Like the R18,even the accessories were non existent.Now there are bunches of accessories, mufflers and take off parts to be had.Funny that you mention drilling the mufflers..Folks would drill out the so called freeze plug on the Thunderstroke mufflers.To me they sounded like a motorboat when this mod was done.Now there are lots of options.There is even a company that does decat on the head pipe and recores the factory mufflers.Maybe they would look at yours?
https://americancustom.com Great company.

Last issue:
Are you willing to spend $25 to destroy a $2,600 pair of mufflers?

Good luck my friend,Hope this helps.

TK

Not sure you want to drill them. you want to remove them. But even if you wanted to go the drill route i don't think you could properly clear the baffle to do it anyway.

I cut mine out. Pretty straight forward. Can't really screw it up. Just takes time. I have a whole spare set, I could do it for you. But not sure what I would charge would be cost effective especially after shipping.

I must admit, keeping the fishtails AND having it sound awesome is most excellent.

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 9.58.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-06 at 9.51.03 PM.png

R18C,

No offense taken, I am always appreciative of any helpful posts. Thanks for your help and reply. I am not experienced or in any way qualified to remove the baffles. I rather pay someone who has the experience to do it for me.

The issue I have with aftermarket slip on mufflers is that although they look better than the stock mufflers from the side of the bike, from the back the aftermarket slip on muffler protrude way too far outwards from the bike axel. Looks so terrible. The OEM factory mufflers tuck nicely inwards toward the rear.

Last edited:
Back