Anyone in the USA offering modification of the stock exhaust pipes ?

Not sure you want to drill them. you want to remove them. But even if you wanted to go the drill route i don't think you could properly clear the baffle to do it anyway.

I cut mine out. Pretty straight forward. Can't really screw it up. Just takes time. I have a whole spare set, I could do it for you. But not sure what I would charge would be cost effective especially after shipping.

I must admit, keeping the fishtails AND having it sound awesome is most excellent.

Let me know what you want as far as a price..... hopefully we can agree.

I sent you a PM message

Last issue:
Are you willing to spend $25 to destroy a $2,600 pair of mufflers?

Good luck my friend,Hope this helps.

TK

Painting with a pretty broad brush there. First, you linked/recommended the wrong tool for the job. If you want to open up / remove the baffle, you should use a proper metal cutting hole saw with enough extension to get you home. Second, why are they "destroyed"? If you do the job properly, they will be fine and they might achieve the sound desired. I just did this in my R18TC with a 1-1/4" hole saw and I would challenge anyone who didn't know better to look into the exhaust and tell me it didn't come from the factory like that. And it definitely sounds better without being obnoxious. And since it won't affect the performance, $40 for the proper tool for my hand drill was worth the price. I'm looking forward to riding around with my better sounding "destroyed" exhaust.

I think I saw a pic of Vance and Hines pipes on an R18. Cant remember where.

Back