Auxiliary LED Running Headlights Installation

Thanks for th
I did not replace the switch, the stock one works you just dont have the icon on it. The wiring harness listed in this post may have been the wrong one for my application but all connections were good with the exception of the end that connects to the left and right blinker cables are male instead of female, so I had to cut the ends off the original blinkers to splice at the ends of the wiring harness. Other than that, it was an easy process once I found the harnesses under the windshield fairings.
Thanks for the quick response, when you wired the switch, was there a plug end connection to the switch block at all ?

I did not replace the switch, the stock one works you just dont have the icon on it. The wiring harness listed in this post may have been the wrong one for my application but all connections were good with the exception of the end that connects to the left and right blinker cables are male instead of female, so I had to cut the ends off the original blinkers to splice at the ends of the wiring harness. Other than that, it was an easy process once I found the harnesses under the windshield fairings.
When you activate the Auxiliary Lights using the existing Switch, do you get an indication on the TFT screen that the Auxiliary Lights are ON; similar to when you turn on the High Beam?

When you activate the Auxiliary Lights using the existing Switch, do you get an indication on the TFT screen that the Auxiliary Lights are ON; similar to when you turn on the High Beam?
No, I thought there would be an indicator like it is on my K1600GTL but there is none. I clicked it on/off several times and never saw any indicator on the tft screen. I wonder if that may have to be coded or is there an indicator on the TC?

Thanks for th

Thanks for the quick response, when you wired the switch, was there a plug end connection to the switch block at all ?
I did not have to wire the switch just made the connections under the fairing. Connector for auxiliary light on bottom left and left and right blinker on the corresponding side of the headlight

Attachments

• IMG_3069.jpg
    IMG_3069.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
IMG_3129.jpegA little disappointed, got the TC left switch controller and the drive lights icon still does not appear on the TFT. I guess the only good point is it was $300 as opposed to the $700 switch. Operating the same as the original controller so the only thing gained is the icon on the switch

View attachment 13493A little disappointed, got the TC left switch controller and the drive lights icon still does not appear on the TFT. I guess the only good point is it was $300 as opposed to the $700 switch. Operating the same as the original controller so the only thing gained is the icon on the switch

I'm sure it's a check box within their software; the two switch assemblies are probably identical minus a little paint stenciling on one vs the other.

Have you tried any of the OBD2 interfaces in order to see if you can trigger the TFT icon?

I'm sure it's a check box within their software; the two switch assemblies are probably identical minus a little paint stenciling on one vs the other.

Have you tried any of the OBD2 interfaces in order to see if you can trigger the TFT icon?
I do not own a GS-911, but I may be looking to get one if the SA can't get it working after I take it in for servicing this or next week.

I want to add OEM auxiliary lights to my R18 100 years (it will be like adding it to the FE model I suppose).

Do I need 3 parts? (lights, light bar and the wiring harness). I could only find the part number for the harness (61121542507). What other part numbers do I need?

I want to add OEM auxiliary lights to my R18 100 years (it will be like adding it to the FE model I suppose).

Do I need 3 parts? (lights, light bar and the wiring harness). I could only find the part number for the harness (61121542507). What other part numbers do I need?
The harness part number is correct. This plugs underneath the tank. There are two same size plugs. Choose plug w matching color coated wires. Auxiliary lights part number are 63179443351 X 2. The bottom bar to hold the lights which is also the windshield bottom bar holder is 46631543962. ISA screws to mount the lights to the bar is 07129907080.

If the dealer tries to talk you into buying a new left control switch ($600 plus), let’s discuss further because your current switch may work.

Thank you 33Cruzr. But I am confused a bit after having read the entire thread and the installation instructions posted by JayB. To me, it seems like you’d need 2 additional turning lights and a wiring harness for each. The new turning lights ups the cost a lot. You mentioned earlier in this thread about a bracket, It would be great to be able to use the existing turning lights. Without moving the turning lights, it looks like the bolt would need a spacer, am I wrong?

I won’t use a windscreen, but I couldn’t decide whether the turning lights would look better on the handlebar, or below the auxiliary lights for a more retro look.

Thank you 33Cruzr. But I am confused a bit after having read the entire thread and the installation instructions posted by JayB. To me, it seems like you’d need 2 additional turning lights and a wiring harness for each. The new turning lights ups the cost a lot. You mentioned earlier in this thread about a bracket, It would be great to be able to use the existing turning lights. Without moving the turning lights, it looks like the bolt would need a spacer, am I wrong?

I won’t use a windscreen, but I couldn’t decide whether the turning lights would look better on the handlebar, or below the auxiliary lights for a more retro look.
I keep thanking God for having the R18 forum w ALL the outstanding members to guide us with all our exciting projects😄. You only asked about the auxiliary lights. Now you want to take it further and move the signal lights. No worries, I just completed the project of moving the signal lights this past weekend w/o costing me a penny.

I keep thanking God for having the R18 forum w ALL the outstanding members to guide us with all our exciting projects😄. You only asked about the auxiliary lights. Now you want to take it further and move the signal lights. No worries, I just completed the project of moving the signal lights this past weekend w/o costing me a penny.
I had to move my signal lights because I am in the process of again changing the handlebar from a 6.5 mini ape hanger to a 12” custom ape hanger. The stock signal placement would clutter the custom handlebar. I also felt that the windshield was diffusing the signal lights. I like them below the auxiliary lights. They also gets the attention of oncoming traffic because it kinda looks like a cop motorcycle!! Idiots don’t cut you off as much!!

I also notice that there is a black version of the light 63179443351 and a chrome version 63179443350. Is the chrome version all chrome? I would like it to match my main headlight (black rear with a chrome front just behind the glass). Like in the attached photo. So which part number is correct? Damn BMW, why do you have to make it so hard to get correct accessories?

Attachments

• IMG_2595.jpeg
    IMG_2595.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 7
So, how did you mount the existing turning lights to the light bar? With a bracket?
I fabricated a 90• bracket and reconfigured the signal lights to mount below and outside of the auxiliary lights. I’ll take pictures of the assembly tomorrow. I tried to purchase the brackets but they are only sold together with the new signal lights for about $360 not counting new wire harness.

You’ll have to get the signal lights wires separated from the control switches on the handlebar and reroute thru the bottom auxiliary light bar. No splicing needed just rewrapping the wires.

Would have to check if the aux lights can be held on without the blinkers, but if I remember correctly you have to bolt the aux light through the blinker into the bracket.

Would have to check if the aux lights can be held on without the blinkers, but if I remember correctly you have to bolt the aux light through the blinker into the bracket.
Yes, the auxiliary lights go on first with built in bracket. If you want the signal lights, add the bracket and screw them on with one screw.
image.jpg

Back