Bagger owners, the winglets work!

I have the engine guards and leg rests at the powder coater to match the rest of bike in black gloss. Didn't know about the lower leg wind protectors, would you have a part number/Link and or pictures?

Eventually I'd like to add Clearwater lights and I have the aux light bar on my wish list from the TC, I'd mount the lights on that, but didn't consider moving the Turn signals. (This will be a summer project, I just bought the bike this month and went a little crazy with accessories)
If you search "auxiliary lights", "lower leg wind" under my name; you should find a couple of PDF files and pictures that I posted on the two topics. I hope this helps.. Scott

Attachments

• R 18 Model B Installation of TC Auxiliary Lights and Winglets.pdf
    8.1 MB · Views: 32
Hi Scott, last time I checked the lower leg deflectors come primed, not painted. Maybe I’m wrong but I was worried about it being just far enough away from OEM to work.

Also, what’s the part number for the mini blinkers. The one I thought you and others were sharing with me were Ali-Express special and not OEM. I want to stay DOT compliant not because I’m a bureaucrat but because I value my safety And don’t want to install teeny tiny LEDs with a free bonus of “I didn’t know you were turning” when someone pulls me out from under their car.

Hi Scott, last time I checked the lower leg deflectors come primed, not painted. Maybe I’m wrong but I was worried about it being just far enough away from OEM to work.

Also, what’s the part number for the mini blinkers. The one I thought you and others were sharing with me were Ali-Express special and not OEM. I want to stay DOT compliant not because I’m a bureaucrat but because I value my safety And don’t want to install teeny tiny LEDs with a free bonus of “I didn’t know you were turning” when someone pulls me out from under their car.
I was referencing the Mini-directionals that BMW list on the Accessories Download page; I think I posted the installation PDF in the past.

My auto body shop used the paint code that I listed for the Black Color on the FE; I'm not an expert, but I think the color match is perfect. My paint shop charged less than $200 to paint the primed pieces; BMW offers two part number for painted parts and unpainted.

I was referencing the Mini-directionals that BMW list on the Accessories Download page; I think I posted the installation PDF in the past.

My auto body shop used the paint code that I listed for the Black Color on the FE; I'm not an expert, but I think the color match is perfect. My paint shop charged less than $200 to paint the primed pieces; BMW offers two part number for painted parts and unpainted.
I’ll do some more digging. Thanks BTW, I went through a few PDFs I could find and haven’t seen them yet. You’ve piqued my interest. A popular GS mod back in the day was the BMW Euro LEDs but they were not DOT compliant since they weren’t the required 3” or so away from the body of the bike.

Thank you very much. These would not be DOT compliant but they do pass EURO muster and are OEM which I like. I think for many, this is a GREAT way to get full compatability without installing the cross bar.
I think No. 7 is the model that fits the R18 B model fork mounts.

I'm almost sure the spacers for the stock bagger turn signals will work. I received one winglet last night lol just one... the other one must still be in Germany...

Anywho it's a brisk 30 degrees this morning and don't feel like working on the project, cold weather kills my productivity, even when I'm inside. Lol I'll try again on Monday.

I also plan to make them super simple to install. I'm going to channel the mounting and wiring holes so all you do is loosen, slip on the spacers then retighten.

Last edited:
I'm almost sure the spacers for the stock bagger turn signals will work. I received one winglet last night lol just one... the other one must still be in Germany...

Anywho it's a brisk 30 degrees this morning and don't feel like working on the project, cold weather kills my productivity, even when I'm inside. Lol I'll try again on Monday.

I also plan to make them super simple to install. I'm going to channel the mounting and wiring holes so all you do is loosen, slip on the spacers then retighten.
Each Directional-Blinker is connected via a wiring pigtail, which is threaded and run up into the fairing.

Thats why i thought to channel it... if it slips over you'll never have to unplug. Is there something Im missing? Assuming theres enough wiggle room to install a spacer.
I wasn't sure if the spacer was going to be notched in order to allow it to be inserted over the existing power cable? Do you have a picture of the spacers?

I wasn't sure if the spacer was going to be notched in order to allow it to be inserted over the existing power cable? Do you have a picture of the spacers?
Hopefully I'll have something mocked up by Monday afternoon. Figured I'd start with a cardboard cut out then overlay it over a piece of kydex. Cut that out and then clean it up.

Last edited:
Update: there is zero room to add a spacer 🙁

Not really sure I want to hack up these turn signals, for a solution that probably shouldn't have existed in the first place.

So I am abandoning the project, I apologize.

IMG_6456.jpeg

Go for the Mini-Directionals... It will look factory, a nice clean install... The installation is fun, but straight forward if you follow the installation instructions.Screenshot_20230320-123923.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back