Battery Terminal Connections!

Hi Cheshire Cat, guessing your bike is an R18?
Alex-B, will ensure the alarm is manually armed only!
thanks both for your support and comments.

I leave my bike for a month at a time with no issues. The bike is alarmed and monitored. I do have an optimate 4 but only ask the wife to plug it in if I receive a text telling me the battery is low. Hasn't happened as yet.
I am curious, what gizmo do you use that sends you a text when the battery is low?

Ah OK, that makes sense. I think this is a UK system fitted by the dealer. Would have been neat to have this. I have mine on a CANBUS tender all the time. The Germans love for electronics will drain the battery but in fairness, it is the same problem with HD.

Ah OK, that makes sense. I think this is a UK system fitted by the dealer. Would have been neat to have this. I have mine on a CANBUS tender all the time. The Germans love for electronics will drain the battery but in fairness, it is the same problem with HD.
My previous bike was a Fat Bob which over my ten years ownership I had to replace the battery three times due to drainage issues. This time round I would possibly look at a lithium battery if I had any problems. The Datatool is indeed a third party application fitted by the dealership. I think in the UK it was fitted to all R18's

Back