Beach bars I’m waiting

I had them in my hands last month. They are huge and a bit too raked in for me. They require longer hydraulic lines as well as wiring —which is now routed outside of the bars. I ended up passing on them and I installed a set of black Indian Scout Tracker bars instead. BTW, the Bobber part numbers were live at the same time as the bars’ arrival, so they should not be too far off.
I’m good with that riding position. I had beach bars on my Roadliner and I road that bike all over the country for 11 years. The wrist position is not for everyone but I have long arms and it seems to work for my frame.

I’m going to take a close look at the bars/wiring before installing them. I’m thinking I should have no problem with routing them internally. But you’re right, for what they’re charging for the bars/wiring they should be already engineered for internal wire routing.

I’m good with that riding position. I had beach bars on my Roadliner and I road that bike all over the country for 11 years. The wrist position is not for everyone but I have long arms and it seems to work for my frame.

I’m going to take a close look at the bars/wiring before installing them. I’m thinking I should have no problem with routing them internally. But you’re right, for what they’re charging for the bars/wiring they should be already engineered for internal wire routing.
Yeah, there is no provision for internal wire routing on the OEM beach bars. You will have to mill the thru-holes yourself if pursuing internal routing. The right side can be a bit of a challenge as you have the extra line for the FBW throttle.

Yeah, there is no provision for internal wire routing on the OEM beach bars. You will have to mill the thru-holes yourself if pursuing internal routing. The right side can be a bit of a challenge as you have the extra line for the FBW throttle.
I am an ex-tool and die maker. I have a brother-in-law that owns a tool and die shop so I have access to the machines needed. I just need to see the actual bars before making a plan.
I'm working out some pricing right now with a dealership who has everything in-stock.

Last edited:
I had them in my hands last month. They are huge and a bit too raked in for me. They require longer hydraulic lines as well as wiring —which is now routed outside of the bars. I ended up passing on them and I installed a set of black Indian Scout Tracker bars instead. BTW, the Bobber part numbers were live at the same time as the bars’ arrival, so they should not be too far off.
burangs, do the Indian Scout bars have the reduced diameter ends?

I received the bars and wiring today. Internal wiring can be done but I question wether the longer wiring provided has enough additional length to allow routing through the bars.
I’m going to have to disassemble the original bars and wiring to get a better idea.
If it comes to extending the harnesses I may as well extend the original harness.

burangs, do the Indian Scout bars have the reduced diameter ends?Yes, they are the same OD’s as the OEM bar. But the 7/8 ends are longer, necessitating enlarging the area under the clamps.
Yes, they are the same OD’s as the OEM bar. But the 7/8 ends are longer, necessitating enlarging the area under the clamps. Also, if choosing black, the throttle side will need reduced under the grip area due to the finish thickness.

Yes, they are the same OD’s as the OEM bar. But the 7/8 ends are longer, necessitating enlarging the area under the clamps. Also, if choosing black, the throttle side will need reduced under the grip area due to the finish thickness.
After watching this YouTube video I can see that there is more than enough wire length to internally route the wire loom.

After watching this YouTube video I can see that there is more than enough wire length to internally route the wire loom.

Great video,MD.Also gives a view on tank removal.
This bike is beautiful for the person that wants to maintain the BMW paint and still customize.From the fenders to that great looking tail light(y)(y).
The beach bars are really cool too.
Thx

Great video,MD.Also gives a view on tank removal.
This bike is beautiful for the person that wants to maintain the BMW paint and still customize.From the fenders to that great looking tail light(y)(y).
The beach bars are really cool too.
Thx
I know, the fenders really caught my eye.
I’m already working on ordering the seat from Lang Motorcycles in Germany. I found a translator app that allows me to email him in German.
I have the bars sitting in my garage. The amount of dissembling that is required to swap the bars is making me think I’ll wait until I get more of the parts I have on order. I also am going to get the slots milled in the bars to rout the wiring internally.

I gained some knowledge about changing out handlebars on this bike while at the dealership this past weekend. I ask if longer hydraulic lines and wire extensions would be required and the answer is yes. Jeff managed to find the part numbers associated with the beach bars and gave me a price of $680 on top of what the bars cost. I guess each item is priced out individually rather than in a kit. I would think that the hydraulic lines could be found aftermarket much cheaper but the wire extensions will probably have to come from BMW. I'm not going to jump in at that price for now.
I received the beach bars, the wiring and the longer hydraulic lines last week. The entire kit cost me $555.

How easily did they install? Do they have reduced reach as compared to the stock R18 bars? Thanks!

How easily did they install? Do they have reduced reach as compared to the stock R18 bars? Thanks!

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I understood that you installed Indian Scout Tracker bars instead. My question was directed to those, in other words, "How easily did the Indian Scout Tracker bars install? Do the Indian Scout Tracker bars have reduced reach....?"

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I understood that you installed Indian Scout Tracker bars instead. My question was directed to those, in other words, "How easily did the Indian Scout Tracker bars install? Do the Indian Scout Tracker bars have reduced reach....?"
That wasn’t me. Someone else mentioned they thought they would fit but I don’t recall that they had installed them.

That wasn’t me. Someone else mentioned they thought they would fit but I don’t recall that they had installed them.
Aha, thanks, I confused your response in regard to the beach bar install thread as being the other guy. I now see that was @burangs

@burangs would you be able to chime in on how those bars worked out for you in regards to installation and reach?

Thanks

Aha, thanks, I confused your response in regard to the beach bar install thread as being the other guy. I now see that was @burangs

@burangs would you be able to chime in on how those bars worked out for you in regards to installation and reach?

Thanks

Sorry, I did see your original query but had not time to reply. Not wanting to cause any further confusion, I may just start my own thread on the Tracker bars. For now, the install required some bodging and as far as reach, they are further away from the rider. I am all torso and they helped open up the rising position for me.

Sorry, I did see your original query but had not time to reply. Not wanting to cause any further confusion, I may just start my own thread on the Tracker bars. For now, the install required some bodging and as far as reach, they are further away from the rider. I am all torso and they helped open up the rising position for me.
Thanks, that helps clarify. I was hoping for an option with reduced reach, as I am 5'5" with about a 31" arm length.

Back