• Due to the fact that gmail allows bots to create email accounts and then the bots use these to sign up as spammers New users cannot use @gmail.com email accounts

Bike not starting

CountOlaf

I have similar issues with my First Edition. I sometimes don't get to ride it and I leave it on a CTEK charger. It always has issues jumping to live after 4-6 weeks, needs cranking three or four times and has a really rough start. It is due for the next service soonish but would be keen to hear whether anyone else has experienced this?
It seems to be fine after a good ride so I don't think it is a blocked filter or fuel line.

sntkirkham

This morning I had something similar. I have a TC with 1K or so miles. I commute on it everyday in the PNW, this means rain almost everyday right now. I would press the start button, no problems, press the start button, it would run for 1-2 seconds and turn completely off. I tried in gear, neutral, kickstand up and down, and giving it gas. Nothing worked. Battery was reading 12.5+V. I always wipe down the controls after a rain when I park it in the garage for the night. When I got home from work it fired right up and had no problems on a short joy ride.

Who knows. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Cross my fingers it doesn’t happen when stranded somewhere.

I guess I was going on the gas smell but you may be onto something. There's a saying in the Guzzi community, 90% of fuel problems are electrical.
+1 When you’ve got gas soaking your jeans, pull over and remove carb at the manifold and blow out the screens. Carry on. Allen wrench, spare points and condenser in my little tool box.

Keep us posted.

simonmmm

This morning I had something similar. I have a TC with 1K or so miles. I commute on it everyday in the PNW, this means rain almost everyday right now. I would press the start button, no problems, press the start button, it would run for 1-2 seconds and turn completely off. I tried in gear, neutral, kickstand up and down, and giving it gas. Nothing worked. Battery was reading 12.5+V. I always wipe down the controls after a rain when I park it in the garage for the night. When I got home from work it fired right up and had no problems on a short joy ride.

Who knows. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Cross my fingers it doesn’t happen when stranded somewhere.
There is a known problem with water ingress in the contacts of the start button. It happened to my bike and was replaced with a new start button but if it gets wet enough may happen again. I was stuck in the middle of no where for two days when it happened to me. The dealer did a great job to try and help out but BMW has still not addressed the core issue. Get it to a dealer ASAP and get them to disassemble your start switch. It may fail outright eventually.

simonmmm

It happened to me on the forth day of owning the bike after three days of riding in the rain. I ride in all weather and have had over 15 bikes. None have done this.