BMW R18 Homage saddle

There should be an option only to swap out the regular seat for the Homage (bracket or adaptor etc) but without changing everything else. I wonder if that is possible

Wh
Not sure you have to remove the rear fender

View attachment 1181

The hommage saddle shown in the catalogue (p20) already includes an adapter which seems to fit the threaded holes of the frame

View attachment 1182

View attachment 1183

Now I wonder what is the second adapter shown on page 23; The same ? or a second one to feel the hole when the rear fender is removed ?

View attachment 1184
what's interesting here is in the greyed out picture above, the Homage seat and its mounting bracket are in place ....WITH the original fender and no hint of the bobber fender ... so wonder if that says anything ?

Surprising news after asking my dealer when the Hommage saddle will be available

Both the saddle and the bobber kit will no longer be available in France and have been deleted from the BMW R18 configurator ...

Is it the same in your country ?

My fender was manufactured with a 31" dia, 79cm dia), the R18 rear tire is 26 in(66cm dia).
Reformed it around a 27" dia(68 cm dia) tire, now it fits perfectly.
Bobber kit? I don't need no stinking bobber kit.Fender FormingJPG.JPGFormed Fender.JPG

Last edited:
Surprising news after asking my dealer when the Hommage saddle will be available

Both the saddle and the bobber kit will no longer be available in France and have been deleted from the BMW R18 configurator ...

Is it the same in your country ?
I am taking a totally different direction with my R18 now in the face of persisting Bushveld Metal Works (as BMW is called in SA) ball-drops. All the modders are doing (mostly poor) bobber attempts anyway, meaning they might soon be like piles - at least each second 4rsehole will own one (-: Here is the 'unboxing' of my new Electra Glide 'bobber' - everything in place right out the 'box'.

2 WhatsApp Image 2021-06-25 at 11.38.17 AM (1).jpeg
4 WhatsApp Image 2021-06-25 at 11.38.16 AM (3).jpeg
5 WhatsApp Image 2021-06-25 at 11.38.16 AM.jpeg
7 WhatsApp Image 2021-06-25 at 11.38.16 AM (1).jpeg

My fender was manufactured with a 31" dia, 79cm dia), the R18 rear tire is 26 in(66cm dia).
Reformed it around a 27" dia(68 cm dia) tire, now it fits perfectly.
Bobber kit? I don't need no stinking bobber kit.View attachment 1944View attachment 1945
You really need to buy a proper camera at some point or upgrade your cellphone (-: Will the metal creases, at the fender edges, from forcing the larger fender to a lesser diameter, be part of the Rat Rod persona?

Had a close look to my R5 second seat (Pagusa), on eBay for 50-100 €,..... you can modify the mounting plate, let your girlfriend (or expert) do some stitching with leather (croc, snake, buffalo, cow, pony,... to your liking) cover the Pagusa Rubber and then get it all mounted.......

(P.S. the seat also exists without the handle.....)

Attachments

• Pagusa.jpg
    Pagusa.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 12
Thanks
Already had a look on Pagusa / Denfeld R50 saddle and also the AWO Touren one (seems to be smaller)
I can get new ones here in Europe

I'm considering how to design a convenient support plate and how to get it done
The difficulty is to keep the suspension spring

selle-conducteur-pagusa (1).jpg

selle-conducteur-pagusa.jpg

Last edited:
The AWO saddle

s-l200.jpg

Assuming you are wanting to eliminate the the stock rear fender mount.
Here is a seat pan constructed to mount the Corbin seat, the basic mounting plate from 1/4"(6mm) aluminum plate could be easily be constructed to attach the seat pictured above.
The key fob antenna will not work attached directly to the aluminum plate, acts a an RF shield. The additional wiring is for the signal lights and the license light.
If you want to maintain the stock rear fender mount, Good Luck.

Brake lightsJPG copy.jpg

Last edited:
Assuming you are wanting to eliminate the the stock rear fender mount.
Here is a seat pan constructed to mount the Corbin seat, the basic mounting plate from 1/4"(6mm) aluminum plate could be easily be constructed to attach the seat pictured above.
The key fob antenna will not work attached directly to the aluminum plate, acts a an RF shield. The additional wiring is for the signal lights and the license light.
If you want to maintain the stock rear fender mount, Good Luck.

View attachment 2025

Where is mounted your key fob antenna ?

I also experimented with adapting an old Harley tractor style seat(to be redone by RDL), but decided on the Corbin, have a Corbin on the K1600B with 40,000 miles.
Have an RDL n the R1200RT 90,000 miles, both great distance seats.Harley R18.JPGDevils Tower copy.jpgIMG_0547.jpg
Darkside, top of Pikes Peak.

Back