Bobber kit options to date

TodkaVonic

Site Supporter
Elite Member
1) Walzwerk
2000 (unpainted) to 2800 (painted) euros

E2674DE0-C185-425C-BD05-BC80C868CAB0.jpeg

2) FCR
700 euros for the fender. 1300 for the saddle.

E40B0831-8D34-4A08-98AD-D8705CA5C85E.jpeg

3) Wunderkind
2150 euros.

3987C912-4892-42FC-B0CE-E9C031DA0538.jpeg

4) LMC

6018C89B-D6FA-4803-B485-BB2B58E82FF8.jpeg

*their online shop link has been down for a few days so I can't get a price.

This is all I have which is currently available. Wunderkind says "Parts are only suitable for models which are produced for the European market. Not suitable for US models!" Any idea what could be so different or specific for the European market? All I can think of is the size of the side license plate mount, which isn't included in this kit anyhow.

/feel free to add. Or just list a source and I'll update this post.

Last edited:
1) Walzwerk
2000 (unpainted) to 2800 (painted) euros

View attachment 1484

2) FCR
700 euros for the fender. 1300 for the saddle.

View attachment 1485

3) Wunderkind
2150 euros.

View attachment 1486

This is all I have which is currently available. Wunderkind says "Parts are only suitable for models which are produced for the European market. Not suitable for US models!" Any idea what could be so different or specific for the European market? All I can think of is the size of the side license plate mount, which isn't included in this kit anyhow.

/feel free to add. Or just list a source and I'll update this post.
I have gone totally off the Bobber Option(s) for the R18. I have not seen a single one yet, which convinced me that the seat location would work (for me anyway - six foot and a pinch) with how that big boxer engine locks your feet in. One will invariably end up sitting too high and/or too far forward - and with a compromised ankle angle in particular. And I am not about to spend upwards of $1500 plus painting, etc., to confirm that. I am also not convinced that one will get an honest opinion from first adopters who belatedly discover this. Few will fork out that amount of dough and then concede that they scr3wed up. They will convince themselves to the contrary instead. So, beware of groupthink - especially prevalent on forums; Groupthink - Learn About the Negative Impact of Groupthink (corporatefinanceinstitute.com).

Wunderkind® comes closest, but it is simply stupid-expensive, and that (open) part, between the seat and gas tank, looks plain wrong. Messed up, more correctly. Rear-wheel travel might well need to be reduced or restricted, with their implementation, to avoid spoiling the rear fender's paint finish by it impacting the seat when the suspension bottoms out. Similar to the R18 Concept, really. But you will probably only be advised about that in the Installation Instructions, if at all.

https://www.r18forums.com/threads/wunderkind-bobber-kit.236/post-2860

Last edited:
I have gone totally off the Bobber Option(s) for the R18. I have not seen a single one yet, which convinced me that the seat location would work (for me anyway - six foot and a pinch) with how that big boxer engine locks your feet in. One will invariably end up sitting too high and/or too far forward - and with a compromised ankle angle in particular. And I am not about to spend upwards of $1500 plus painting, etc., to confirm that. I am also not convinced that one will get an honest opinion from first adopters who belatedly discover this. Few will fork out that amount of dough and then concede that they scr3wed up. They will convince themselves to the contrary instead. So, beware of groupthink - especially prevalent on forums; Groupthink - Learn About the Negative Impact of Groupthink (corporatefinanceinstitute.com).

Wunderkind® comes closest, but it is simply stupid-expensive, and that (open) part, between the seat and gas tank, looks plain wrong. Messed up, more correctly. Rear-wheel travel might well need to be reduced or restricted, with their implementation, to avoid spoiling the rear fender's paint finish by being impacted when the seat bottoms out. Similar to the R18 Concept, really. But you will probably only be advised so with the Installation Instructions, if at all.

https://www.r18forums.com/threads/wunderkind-bobber-kit.236/post-2860

You could construct your own. Total cost excluding Corbin seat, $75,
You will need access to a minimill a small lathe, and have rudimentary design and fabrication skills.

2021:03:04-1 copy.jpg

Were it not for the remote possibility of Mrs. Todkavonic joining me for a ride, I would've ordered something weeks ago. I'm torn between going all-in for a passenger (Wunderlich backrest), or leaving as is and seeing how often she and I go out, or just scrapping the two-up thing altogether and going bobber. But none of my other bikes can seat passengers and the only other motorcycle I currently have my eye on (hint: you put a deposit down on one the other day) is ALSO a solo seat situation, so I really need the R18 to be passenger-ready...for now.

Were it not for the remote possibility of Mrs. Todkavonic joining me for a ride, I would've ordered something weeks ago. I'm torn between going all-in for a passenger (Wunderlich backrest), or leaving as is and seeing how often she and I go out, or just scrapping the two-up thing altogether and going bobber. But none of my other bikes can seat passengers and the only other motorcycle I currently have my eye on (hint: you put a deposit down on one the other day) is ALSO a solo seat situation, so I really need the R18 to be passenger-ready...for now.
Agreed. I like your setup, and I am about to mimic your thinking. I've ordered a set of soft saddlebags and HerrFarber's solo rack, and I will probably get the RSD solo seat. And then the day-rider double seat and Wunderlich's pricey backrest. That allows flexibility to swap between solo and two-up - not as easy as on my American rides with their quick-detachable amenities, but not too painfully wrench-intense either. My wife will only ride along if it has a backrest, but then she is 60+ as well.

And then a variety of other things which need attention - turn-indicators, mirrors, oil cooler cover, bling, etc. My modus-operandi is to purchase everything I need and/or want to change, down to the last bolt and nut, and then to do a 'build' when I get the opportunity and everything is on hand. I am doing exactly that on my Victory Cross Country at present. Only this big boxer will be roughly 180 degrees from what I had envisaged a year ago. BMW's dog and pony show has been a deflating experience. All hat and no cattle. I do not regret buying it, but I might well not have done so had I known what I know now...

Some good shots here; Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Revival Gallery | Motorcycle Cruiser. No pre-config or pretence. What you see is what you get (WYSIWYG). And scr3w the Harley-haters, BTW.

Edit: I put a 90% deposit down on it last Friday to ensure I get mine. South Africa will only receive a few. I normally keep 10% back as leverage should there be any cosmetic or other issues come delivery.

Last edited:
View attachment 4093

View attachment 4092Does

BMW make a factory OEM bobber kit ?

according to this article it appears that they do.

Any one know the part number and price ?? I am in USA so I have not contacted this dealer in the link who is in the UK

https://www.dicklovett.co.uk/bmw-motorrad/news/the-latest-r-18-accessories-from-bmw-motorrad
I’ve been told the BMW Bobber Kit will be available in the U.S. as early as April.

It will be interesting to see how it is packaged and priced. The beach bar kit is individually priced with separate part numbers for the bars and the needed wiring and hydraulic lines. The entire pkg required (5) part numbers. I hope the Bobber Kit is priced separately as well because I don’t want to use all of the BMW pieces.

Does anyone know if this seat is spring loaded.Does it move like the:18700012_bmw-r18-rockbob-saddle-black-01_640x427.jpg

Part # 18700012
Wunderlich R18 RockBob Saddle​

also, will the BMW solo seat work with the stock fender?Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 10.21.22 PM.png

When I bought my bike in December, there was a deadline to place your order for the BMW bobber kit. The bobber kit if purchased by 12/10/21, BMW would ship in February 2022. The dealer said after that date, BMW was not making promises of deliveries in 2022. I’m sure this is all subject to change. I ordered a kit and will post pictures when it arrives.

When I bought my bike in December, there was a deadline to place your order for the BMW bobber kit. The bobber kit if purchased by 12/10/21, BMW would ship in February 2022. The dealer said after that date, BMW was not making promises of deliveries in 2022. I’m sure this is all subject to change. I ordered a kit and will post pictures when it arrives.
That impressive. When I asked about it months and months ago, before I went with WalzWerks, my dealer just starred at me blankly. When I persisted, he told me that he didn't know. When I emailed a request to have them email me when they heard anything, I didn't receive a reply. When I emailed that request again, the reply was that they didn't know. I gave up.

DO you have a part number for the entire complete bobber kit ?

And what was the cost ?

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 12.58.00 AM.png

On second thought, now having doubts about the OEM BMW bobber kit...... I see that there are no springs under the solo seat.....One of the advantages of the bobber seat is to have an added secondary suspension built into a floating seat.... hummm...

Anyone know if the seat has any play or suspension ?

It may not have any play or suspension due to liability issues.... in that the rider would have changes in their ergonomics or distance to hand and foot controls, thereby leading to an opening for a liability design issue should anyone claim the seat movement created unsafe changes in rider positioning in case of an accident or injury.

the Triumph bobber OEM factory looks to be fixed, but the older Harley Crossbones model had a OEM factory sprung seat..... wondering how this BMW seat is set up.

Last edited:
View attachment 4099

On second thought, now having doubts about the OEM BMW bobber kit...... I see that there are no springs under the solo seat.....One of the advantages of the bobber seat is to have an added secondary suspension built into a floating seat.... hummm...

Anyone know if the seat has any play or suspension ?

It may not have any play or suspension due to liability issues.... in that the rider would have changes in their ergonomics or distance to hand and foot controls, thereby leading to an opening for a liability design issue should anyone claim the seat movement created unsafe changes in rider positioning in case of an accident or injury.

the Triumph bobber OEM factory looks to be fixed, but the older Harley Crossbones model had a OEM factory sprung seat..... wondering how this BMW seat is set up.
That is the reason I’m going with the LMC seat.

I've got a email out to the Parts Mgr.They were closed today.
They usually offer 10% Military with free shipping and no tax.

Back