BT Moto ECU Flash Group Buy and Discount!

Makes the bike so much smoother. That was my initial reaction.
I'm all for smoother running bikes. What I can't wrap my mind around is the $750 cost. An ECU flash is a software tweak that takes minutes if that.
After selling a 2018 Goldwing Tour, I bought a Kawasaki Voyager Tour. Very smooth bike but low on power. Got an ECU flash for $350 that totally improved the bike. I thought the $350 price was too high.
Maybe the BrenTune guys should ask $7,500 for a flash.

I'm all for smoother running bikes. What I can't wrap my mind around is the $750 cost. An ECU flash is a software tweak that takes minutes if that.
After selling a 2018 Goldwing Tour, I bought a Kawasaki Voyager Tour. Very smooth bike but low on power. Got an ECU flash for $350 that totally improved the bike. I thought the $350 price was too high.
It was a hit, but with the prices of of everything going out of control I'm not sure how big the gap would be in today's inflated dollars and you also get the diagnostic tool. I don't know who did the ecu on your Kawasaki, but I think Euro 5 is a bigger leap from even what we saw with Euro 4 and with much more proprietary coding and mandated longevity of emission systems/components are making it harder to muck about. let alone improve on OEM. Add the extra cost per hour of dyno time and it all adds up even though by the time it is downloaded to a bike it "takes only a few minutes, even if that".

The good thing is the bike runs great without a tune especially after a few thousand miles so it's a more of a good thing being made just a bit better.

Cheers

I totally agree with you.

I wouldn’t try to persuade you to buy this as the difference is subtle but definitely there however, at the discount price some of us paid, I have no regrets.

Dont think I have seen anyone else stepping up to offer a tune for this bike.

And its like I tell my clients who complain about my hourly rates- Your not just paying me for the time it takes me, you are paying me for the education, training, and experience I have had that enables me to do it.

And I am sure once you start seeing competitors come out prices will reflect that.

Dont think I have seen anyone else stepping up to offer a tune for this bike.

And its like I tell my clients who complain about my hourly rates- Your not just paying me for the time it takes me, you are paying me for the education, training, and experience I have had that enables me to do it.

And I am sure once you start seeing competitors come out prices will reflect that.
I agree with that , However 750 is a still bit high !!!

The old saying of "there is good, fast and cheap and you get to pick two", comes to mind.

There is an increase of costs everyone sees in gas, food, taxes and a whole bunch more as consumers and even more for those running/managing businesses too. There are several reasons only a few options get mentioned when people talk about seats, gear, equipment and something even more unique like a tune especially with how complex the systems and regulations have become, but it comes down to if it were easy and profitable more companies would be out there to pick from. Free Lunches costs us all a bunch and small businesses get hammered.

🍻

The old saying of "there is good, fast and cheap and you get to pick two", comes to mind.

There is an increase of costs everyone sees in gas, food, taxes and a whole bunch more as consumers and even more for those running/managing businesses too. There are several reasons only a few options get mentioned when people talk about seats, gear, equipment and something even more unique like a tune especially with how complex the systems and regulations have become, but it comes down to if it were easy and profitable more companies would be out there to pick from. Free Lunches costs us all a bunch and small businesses get hammered.

🍻
Well written and a good reminder that quality has a price. I already have the BT tune and am very happy with it having purchased at the discount price. Would I be happy at full list? In the longer term, probably, the answer would be Yes.

Considering folks have paid $650+ USD just for a first service … BT’s price is trivial for the return. Mind you, it is not a monumental transformation; it simply makes the bike better in every way and is worth every penny. After flashing you will have the bike that Berlin should have delivered in the first place.

Finally got round to uploading my bikes map and sending back to BrenTune. Even though it is Easter Monday (At least here in UK), I had a reply within the hour to confirm my email and gif file had been received.
The process of preparing the OBD reader and lifting the file from the bike was painless enough. One thing of note. It seems that BMW have placed the OBD connector in different places on different bikes, in different countries. Here in the UK I found the connector behind the left hand cover as opposed to the right hand cover as shown in handbook. See attached pic.
I will update further once completed.
mine is on the other side... R18-Classic

Attachments

• IMG_20220802_135553.jpg
    IMG_20220802_135553.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220802_135848.jpg
    IMG_20220802_135848.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Back