Closer reach handle bars

Hi there, I bought that set but not installing it because I ordered the more expensive from BMW (in back order til December aprox) so if anyone wants this set I can sell it to whoever wants it. Reduced price just drop me a PM 👌
What did you like about the more expensive version Fernando? I don't think I have seen them.

What did you like about the more expensive version Fernando? I don't think I have seen them.
Hi Cheshire Cat, I ordered them but not expecting them until a few months as the dealer told me, they are on backorder and not coming to the US yet (aprox December).
Here is my original post: https://www.r18forums.com/threads/handlebar-riser.475/post-15816

417fb1f7-4ef9-4f76-8109-9c3bec8b8b4c-jpeg.5621

Talked to my dealership today. Back ordered until late November. Nobody knows if you need longer hydraulic hoses(brake and clutch). It came as no surprise since they never had them, let alone installed any.
Tried to find that particular info but to no avail. I think new hoses are neccessary, in my not so humble opinion. Maybe somebody can enlighten me.

Talked to my dealership today. Back ordered until late November. Nobody knows if you need longer hydraulic hoses(brake and clutch). It came as no surprise since they never had them, let alone installed any.
Tried to find that particular info but to no avail. I think new hoses are neccessary, in my not so humble opinion. Maybe somebody can enlighten me.
Yes, you'll need new lines. Try to find some information with the people of https://bmw.europe-moto.com They have a good costumer service and basically the web site is per se so complete

I've started doubting my decision to buy this R18 some months ago when I realised how difficult it is to find any accessories for it, and when you finally find something you'd like to purchase it's either back ordered, priced ridiculously high or both. It seems like it was produced to please the eccentric millionaires that live on some tropical islands in the middle of 'paradise".
I love the bike just as much as I hate jumping through hoops to get what I'm looking for. The dealership doesn't really help either . They go by what the computer tells them. I don't think they know much about the bike at all. I asked one of the technicians about the obd plug and he had to go research the subject for about ten minutes before I got an answer. Stuff like that...
Now I wish I would have kept my FJR.

Last edited:
I've started doubting my decision to buy this R18 some months ago when I realised how difficult it is to find any accessories for it, and when you finally find something you'd like to purchase it's either back ordered, priced ridiculously high or both. It seems like it was produced to please the eccentric millionaires that live on some tropical islands in the middle of 'paradise".
I love the bike just as much as I hate jumping through hoops to get what I'm looking for. The dealership doesn't really help either . They go by what the computer tells them. I don't think they know much about the bike at all. I asked one of the technicians about the obd plug and he had to go research the subject for about ten minutes before I got an answer. Stuff like that...
Now I wish I would have kept my FJR.
Harley are struggling to supply basic spares like clutch cables atm let alone accessories. There is still a global supply issue although it seems some motorrad accessories are starting to filter through. It’s not great but if I was BMW, I’d prioritise production of say GS accessories over those for the R18.

Stick with it, it’ll come good 👍🏻

You will need a fitting kit for the risers, part numbers for all combinations below

Attachments

• C32BF428-0F72-4DD4-8CD0-82788DDC73FB.jpeg
    C32BF428-0F72-4DD4-8CD0-82788DDC73FB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29
Reactions: SPR
Harley are struggling to supply basic spares like clutch cables atm let alone accessories. There is still a global supply issue although it seems some motorrad accessories are starting to filter through. It’s not great but if I was BMW, I’d prioritise production of say GS accessories over those for the R18.

Stick with it, it’ll come good 👍🏻
I've been sticking with it since April 2020, when I configured mine online, printed a hardcopy and rode out to the closest Motorrad dealer, a hundred miles from where I live. They tried hard to sell me an R-nine-T instead. And when my R18 finally arrived in September 2020, it looked quite the opposite of what I had configured. Nothing new, I was told since by several a S1000RR and GS12xx owner. It is a keeper nevertheless, given its sheer nerdiness. But it is also my first and definitely my last BMW motorcycle.

When you struggle to get something from H-D at present, it is because it has been sold out, not because H-D never managed to get it on the shelves to start with. I own two Harleys and two Buells, amongst some others, and I have not been waiting for anything the last two years - despite living in Sarfefrica.

The whole COVID excuse has a broken back already. BMW stepped into the Cruiser market like pros with the R18, and exposed themselves as total n00bs, for the second time now. H-D stepped into the, alien for them, Adventure market with the Pan America, expectedly as complete n00bs, and came out shining.

Hi Guys,

Being 5'5" I'm still looking for reduced reach bar options. I have installed the Kesoto risers and that was a big help, but I'd really like bars that pull back an inch or two. I ordered and received a set of Wunderlich beach bars which, I had hoped, would pull the grips back another inch or two, but they do not.

If there's another option for bars that reduce reach, I'd be very grateful to hear about them.

Thanks,
john

These new RSD modular risers may be an option. The Harley Davidson riders are a direct fit if you use the individual risers.

These new RSD modular risers may be an option. The Harley Davidson riders are a direct fit if you use the individual risers.

Thanks for sharing that. It looks to me on first inspection that those RSD risers lift the bars up but not closer to the rider. Am I seeing it correctly? My goal is definitely not higher but closer to me so I'm looking for more "pull back".

Thanks for sharing that. It looks to me on first inspection that those RSD risers lift the bars up but not closer to the rider. Am I seeing it correctly? My goal is definitely not higher but closer to me so I'm looking for more "pull back".
They are a complete modular system. You can combine whatever components fit your needs. They do show a pullback section.

Last edited:
Hi,

any updates regarding the best handle bar pull back. On my search I founded that DK design riser are around $ 300 and the almost the same on eBay for $50. Did someone tried then ones from eBay are they guaranteed and safe or no. I’m just confused which one to go with I’m 163 cm and the handle bar is far.

Hi,

any updates regarding the best handle bar pull back. On my search I founded that DK design riser are around $ 300 and the almost the same on eBay for $50. Did someone tried then ones from eBay are they guaranteed and safe or no. I’m just confused which one to go with I’m 163 cm and the handle bar is far.
I have the ones from EBay and am pretty happy with them. Definitely more comfortable for me. The components arrived with no instructions but were of a decent quality. The fit did not appear to be 100% fit around the bars but they are very secure.
Ideally I would like an approved part but for the price, the eBay ones are very good in my opinion.

Attachments

• 624010E9-0E9C-4B0B-B0F4-A8B234EC7625.jpeg
    624010E9-0E9C-4B0B-B0F4-A8B234EC7625.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 41
Hi,

Bought the Ebay riser/extensions (China) and have to say they are very good quality. No lead bolts or Harbor Freight grade material. They set the handlebars back toward you about 2 inches and I also rotated them down just a bit. Have to say it makes a big difference and definitely recommend them.

There is a video online that shows how to install them and there are three or four zip ties you have to be sure and snip. The only issue I had was the brackets for the clutch and front brake seemed a bit too long so I installed a spacer (square nut) in between the bracket and where they mount. I'll attach some pictures.

Also mentioned in another post, Jon at Helibars.com said they are looking to develop some better bars for the R18 and Classic. They just recently started making upgraded bars for the R18B and TC (which to me felt perfect already and would be a great option for the Classic if they only were interchangeable which they aren't). Jon did ask if anyone around Southern Maine would like to volunteer their R18 or Classic for development of new bars. Might get a free set of installed bars perhaps?

Attachments

• IMG_6643.JPG
    IMG_6643.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6644.JPG
    IMG_6644.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6645.JPG
    IMG_6645.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6650.JPG
    IMG_6650.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I have the ones from EBay and am pretty happy with them. Definitely more comfortable for me. The components arrived with no instructions but were of a decent quality. The fit did not appear to be 100% fit around the bars but they are very secure.
Ideally I would like an approved part but for the price, the eBay ones are very good in my opinion.
Hi Cheshire,

Thank you for your reply, I ordered them. Did you change the break and clutch cables of does it fit will the original one

Bought the Ebay riser/extensions (China) and have to say they are very good quality. No lead bolts or Harbor Freight grade material. They set the handlebars back toward you about 2 inches and I also rotated them down just a bit. Have to say it makes a big difference and definitely recommend them.

There is a video online that shows how to install them and there are three or four zip ties you have to be sure and snip. The only issue I had was the brackets for the clutch and front brake seemed a bit too long so I installed a spacer (square nut) in between the bracket and where they mount. I'll attach some pictures.

Also mentioned in another post, Jon at Helibars.com said they are looking to develop some better bars for the R18 and Classic. They just recently started making upgraded bars for the R18B and TC (which to me felt perfect already and would be a great option for the Classic if they only were interchangeable which they aren't). Jon did ask if anyone around Southern Maine would like to volunteer their R18 or Classic for development of new bars. Might get a free set of installed bars perhaps?
Hi Saunders,

Thank you for your reply and detailed information.

We'll appreciated

Hi Cheshire,

Thank you for your reply, I ordered them. Did you change the break and clutch cables of does it fit will the original one
Hi Ali
Use the original cables although it is at the maximum useable length, it should work OK.
Hi Cheshire,

Back