Custom bags and minor tweaks

Absolutely ok, that's what this is all about. I couldn't remember the steps and didn't want to give incorrect advice, so I just went through it again. It'll take you less than 10 minutes.

1) remove headlamp. Unscrew these two bolts and detach wiring by sliding grey part of the clip away from the headlamp
View attachment 225View attachment 226

2) put the headlamp on something soft on your workbench then unscrew the screw at the 6 o'clock position

View attachment 227

3) rotate the chrome surround counterclockwise about an inch and remove

View attachment 228View attachment 229

***mine has a little rubber bumper at 12 o'clock and I can't remember if it was there or if I added to keep things snug

View attachment 230

4) place the visor lip underneath the surround lip then reinstall the surround. Turn surround clockwise then screw in screw.

View attachment 231

5) reinstall headlamp onto bike, electrical clip first (lock into place by pushing grey tab towards headlamp).

View attachment 232
Enjoy!
It's not even necessary to remove the headlamp assembly from the bike. I just removed the set screw on the bottom with a Torx socket, twisted the chrome headlamp bezel an 1/8th. turn counter clockwise and popped in the Kuryakin Eye Brow Visor. Easy peasy!

R18_eyebrow_visor.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted lockable bags. Yes, we are in south of France ... :sneaky:
So I found this:
https://www.motea.com/en/motorbike-...-case-incl-mouting-brackets-in-black-966266-0

I like he "stream line" design of these cases.
And the material is of good quality, matching the general aspect of the bike.
I made a card board pattern to figure out where to position the holes on the inner side, and make sure of the symmetry.
I used the BMW supports, but strangely they are not identical. I'll have to machine the port side to reduce the gap.
Hi Gerard,
Strange both BMW supports aren't identical ! Did they give you a reason for this ? Was the machining difficult ?
Is it the only support you have ? Don t the bags need to be supported from bottom as well if bags are loaded with some weight ?
I am doing the same but with different bags (motea as well). woundering which support to use.

Yes the BMW support is used alone.
The bag itself has 3 points of fixture.
It works very well.
I haven't machined it yet, I'm waiting for the rack delivery from Holan.
I'm sure there won't be any problem to do the job.
When I bought the support nobody had any advice on it at the dealership....everything was new to them.

Back