Customs R18

No I'm not quite done.

That's a thoroughly repulsive R18. The lines are crap. The horns, the fob detector (is that outside?), and the side marker lamps seem like tacked-on after-thoughts. And then he left the side reflectors on the front fork? The hell? The ridiculous left mirror placement is neither practical nor attractive and is only outdone, in impracticality at least, by the tiny bar end mirror on the right. The rear end and front fairing are best described as insect-like, which is basically never a good thing. The back end (do I call it a thorax?) is too heavy and blacking out the cans didn't help, but I do appreciate the effort. The strange fins which stretch across the asymmetric front fairing are my least favorite aspect of this build. It calls to mind the bar in Mos Eisley from Star Wars. Remember, the most wretched hive of scum and villainy? There was a guy with a face like that fairing there. But his eyes weren't both off to one side á la Picasso. Had the builder used the fins as an oil cooler, well, I'd still say it's ugly as sin but at least there's a purpose. And that would mean deleting the OEM cooler, which is clearly a good move. But alas, there's the totally stock cooler, just sitting there, apparently unfazed by what's happening above. Then there's all that erector-set shit going on between the steering stem and the fairing. Why? And what's with that thing stretching from the tank to the windshield? Seriously? What is that?

I'm actually surprised by how much I dislike this build. It's profoundly ugly.

/there, now I'm done.

Last edited:
No I'm not quite done.

That's a thoroughly repulsive R18. The lines are crap. The horns, the fob detector (is that outside?), and the side marker lamps seem like tacked-on after-thoughts. And then he left the side reflectors on the front fork? The hell? The ridiculous left mirror placement is neither practical nor attractive and is only outdone, in impracticality at least, by the tiny bar end mirror on the right. The rear end and front fairing are best described as insect-like, which is basically never a good thing. The back end (do I call it a thorax?) is too heavy and blacking out the cans didn't help, but I do appreciate the effort. The strange fins which stretch across the asymmetric front fairing are my least favorite aspect of this build. It calls to mind the bar in Mos Eisley from Star Wars. Remember, the most wretched hive of scum and villainy? There was a guy with a face like that fairing there. But his eyes weren't both off to one side á la Picasso. Had the builder used the fins as an oil cooler, well, I'd still say it's ugly as sin but at least there's a purpose. And that would mean deleting the OEM cooler, which is clearly a good move. But alas, there's the totally stock cooler, just sitting there, apparently unfazed by what's happening above. Then there's all that erector-set shit going on between the steering stem and the fairing. Why? And what's with that thing stretching from the tank to the windshield? Seriously? What is that?

I'm actually surprised by how much I dislike this build. It's profoundly ugly.

/there, now I'm done.
Lol is that what you really think! It is a good example of what not to do

Lol is that what you really think! It is a good example of what not to do
It's clearly something he does and there's a style to it but, man.

It's like he went way, way too far into form and didn't just ignore function, but acted towards it's detriment.

I actually find it a little unsettling. And I could enjoy it FOR that if there wasn't all that extra crap all over the place. The side marker lights AND the reflectors, the key fob detector on the dang outside, the dissimilar mirrors, the freakin two horns just janglin' there on the frame. It lacks simple solutions where very simple solutions abound.

Last edited:
Back