Diy

They’ll change the oil and final drive fluid. Run some checks. Tighten some bolts.

I just had mine done. Cost almost $400 and took just shy of two hours. It’s the only service I plan to have done at the dealer. It’s all easy enough to do at home, but figured I’d have the dealer take the first crack just in case there was anything goofy from the factory.

You could skip the shop entirely. Just keep receipts of the oil and such in case of a warranty claim later.

You will need an odb reader and the motoscan app to reset the service interval though. The shop will do it for a fee, but having the stuff on hand to do it at home will pay off in short time.

Do it yourself, it's easy. Enjoy the fact that almost everything in the bike is right in front of you, not much to remove to get to stuff. I had the dealer do the first oil change, but have done everything else myself, including tire changes.

I think most of us have contributed a bunch of DIY material:

Thread 'R18 Annual or 6K Interval Scheduled Maintenance Parts List & Torque Specifications Worksheet' https://www.r18forums.com/threads/r...ts-list-torque-specifications-worksheet.2300/

They also claim to update the ECU but they can’t tell you what was updated. 🤔
Updating the ECU may simply mean resetting the service light. You know a bit like…..checked your washer fluid for you meaning I’ve had a look and yes you have some so did nothing, but I checked it. 🤷‍♂️

They’ll change the oil and final drive fluid. Run some checks. Tighten some bolts.

I just had mine done. Cost almost $400 and took just shy of two hours. It’s the only service I plan to have done at the dealer. It’s all easy enough to do at home, but figured I’d have the dealer take the first crack just in case there was anything goofy from the factory.

You could skip the shop entirely. Just keep receipts of the oil and such in case of a warranty claim later.

You will need an odb reader and the motoscan app to reset the service interval though. The shop will do it for a fee, but having the stuff on hand to do it at home will pay off in short time.
I dropped mine off yesterday…$530. Don’t ask what they did for that, cause they still have it. I think they taking advantage of the BMW name plate.

This has been highlighted before, in the US you seem to pay a lot more for servicing BUT your MSRP is (or at least was) significantly lower than here. In the UK I paid £154 for main dealer 1st service last year, very reasonable and less than my good friends Royal Enfield 650, he paid £174 (if I remember correctly) at his RE dealer.

This has been highlighted before, in the US you seem to pay a lot more for servicing BUT your MSRP is (or at least was) significantly lower than here. In the UK I paid £154 for main dealer 1st service last year, very reasonable and less than my good friends Royal Enfield 650, he paid £174 (if I remember correctly) at his RE dealer.
I second this as well. Luck as I convinced myself to purchase the 5 years service pack for £1250.00 when I pulled the trigger but then again, the bike was priced at nearly £27K with all the bells and whistles although I appealed to the better nature of the dealer and he reduced the price after a few days negotiating.

Back