Fitment Check - R18 TC Seat on R18 B?

I have all of the parts in hand now and will assemble today. Then to BMW on Thursday to find out if I can get the top box to work with central locking, speaker and brake light without any error lights.

I have all of the parts in hand now and will assemble today. Then to BMW on Thursday to find out if I can get the top box to work with central locking, speaker and brake light without any error lights.
There is a hard key in the baggy containing 4 bolts. Will allow manual lock on the topbox.

I want to get this part number, "52538375110" and install it on my bike which is a bagger - https://www.shopbmwmotorcycles.com/...-seat-comfort-heated-black-760-mm-52538375110

Main reason is to keep the OEM heat but add some padding for longer riders. This year or next, I want to do Route 66 and need a seat that can get more than 300 miles a day which is my limit on the Bagger.

I saw on the Road Styler website, they have a B that appears to be running a TC 719 seat which gave me hope but BMW's site says it's not compatible with my VIN. I emailed road styler as well:

vLtx7Op.jpeg
3clbq7J.png
RPPHY2e.png
M0nkbDu.png

That's a TC seat with 719 stitching on a Bagger so I think the two will work.

Mind if I ask what sissy bar this is?

The bagger hasn't improved for me unfortunately. 1800 miles now and I just can't do more than 2-3 hours. I want to do Route 66 in September so I'm making very small modifications to make that trip possible on the bagger. Top case soft bag, leg rests, larger seat and larger windscreen.

At this point, I have spent enough to have just gotten a TC and have that free top case...sigh that's a buyers regret. If you are going to buy a bagger (anyone else reading this) and want to tour on it, just get the TC. You'll be happier.
I could not handle the buffeting and the engine vibration in the handlebars on a trip to South Dakota and traded the r18B for Harley Road Glide. Way more comfortable. Is the TC significantly better than the Bagger when it come to buffeting? I am 6ft, full face Schubert helmet.

I could not handle the buffeting and the engine vibration in the handlebars on a trip to South Dakota and traded the r18B for Harley Road Glide. Way more comfortable. Is the TC significantly better than the Bagger when it come to buffeting? I am 6ft, full face Schubert helmet.

You could have purchased a larger windscreen or smaller? before trading in but every person's torso length is different. Buffeting is weird. sometimes a windscreen is perfect and other times, it takes a few tries to find the right one.

The bagger was going to give you a smaller windscreen. that's all. which you can just purchase a smaller one from BMW or an aftermarket as a first attempt to get rid of it.

I installed the windshield from TC. it wasn't any better. Its the turbulent air that hits the back of the helmet.
If you add the winglets to your TC windshield you will have a complete fairing. I can drive down the interstate without a helmet (not recommended) and have turbulent free air on my TC

J'ai un TC.
Lorsque que je l'utilise seul, je démonte le topcase. (5 mn).

Et lorsque je l'utilise en duo, je remonte le topcase (5mn).

L'avantage, c'est d'avoir les équipements du TC:
bulle haute, protection moteur, Déflecteurs d'air, topcase, selle 740 mm avec 2 chauffages,
Et d'avoir 2 modèles de moto sans acheter d'options (€€€)20220503_151913.jpg20220723_142916.jpg

IT WORKS! EVEN SUPPORTS THE PILLION SEAT. So when plugged in, it works up to the 5 levels and when I switched the pillion seat on 1 or 2 heat, it shows on the TFT just like it's supposed to. Plug & Play, works perfectly.

mwFG7gI.jpg

OEM:
4SOJlf3.jpg

TC:
xOUO9wl.jpg
KeXI8uW.jpg
ZAnawXW.jpg
Ttgi1vz.jpg

Not to drag up an old post for no reason, but for the OEM seat is the pillion part of the seat heated as well? I always thought that it was...and I have been telling my GF that it is.

Back