got one, wish i waited?

Which rear luggage rack did you get? Happy?
passenger backrest and luggage rack from Roadstyler.com, a company in Poland. I was pretty happy with the products, though it took 6 weeks to get it. My wife is less happy with the backrest. She says it's not tall enough to make her feel secure. It is pretty low. The bottom of the backrest pretty much touches the top of the rear pillion seat. She prefers to have the backrest pad higher up on her back.

passenger backrest and luggage rack from Roadstyler.com, a company in Poland. I was pretty happy with the products, though it took 6 weeks to get it. My wife is less happy with the backrest. She says it's not tall enough to make her feel secure. It is pretty low. The bottom of the backrest pretty much touches the top of the rear pillion seat. She prefers to have the backrest pad higher up on her back.
Thanks. Do you have pics, especially the luggage rack?

If you mean the various other R 18 models, then my answer is "no". The only reason I bought my standard R 18 First Edition was the exceptionally low price offered via the very significant BMW incentives and I'm glad I did. The newer models have some very nice enhancements that I find interesting but I would not be willing to buy them at a MUCH higher price. I understand why other riders may feel otherwise but I have other bikes that fill my various "needs". I bought the one I got with the understanding that for me it is a great day tripper bike and I will enjoy it that way. Not trying to disparage it for touring or other purposes but that's just the way I intend to use it...
I just rode the new R18 yesterday and it blew my doors off, thinking of buying one now, should have passed on the test but damn it put a smile on my Kisser ! ! !

I bought a 2021FE. Got a good deal on it but wish I had waited. Never owned a cruiser and did not realize how important cruise control would be. Trying to find a solution but not having much luck.

Reactions: Vyk
My FE Classic more than meets my expectations on my short ownership ride.... It is BIG Bike no doubts about that. I do have the cruise control, had it on my past two BMW's and never touched it.....

Can any of you give me an Idea of Fuel economy ??? My mine says 34MPG and stays there...
I found during break in I was measuring about 35MPG on first tank or 2. After break in and not trying to ride the throttle like a sport bike, I’ve been getting over 40 MPG. These are measured MPG, not what the bike displays. My overall average since I bought the bike is about 42 right now. I’m still a bit heavy handed on throttle, so a more gentle hand should be able to get 45+.

Back