Handlebar question...

I'm Pissed at BMW! There is no excuse for this kind of service. Period. Can someone give me the contact information for someone who actually cares about the customers that bought these bikes. Please.
So I ordered these accessories from my dealer back on 4/8/2021 to install my handlebars on the R18. This is not the dealers fault but BMW promoting accessories that they have no intention of making available and taking money for it. I think that is fraud by definition.
77222463844, Clamping Block High, Chrome $199, ETA 12/30-2021
77227923460, Brake Hose, $99, ETA 12/30/2021
32727923468, Clutch Line, $163.84 ETA 12/30/2021
07119963072, Gasket Ring, $5.12 No ETA
07119963072, Installation Kit, Handlebars, $421, No ETA
Total Order $970.42

I'm Pissed at BMW! There is no excuse for this kind of service. Period. Can someone give me the contact information for someone who actually cares about the customers that bought these bikes. Please.
So I ordered these accessories from my dealer back on 4/8/2021 to install my handlebars on the R18. This is not the dealers fault but BMW promoting accessories that they have no intention of making available and taking money for it. I think that is fraud by definition.
Total Order $970.42
I have the same experience with BMW... it is not the local dealer, but the country dealer and/or Berlin's problem.... keep nagging !! and perhaps contact Berlin direct...

Total Order $970.42
I used to be like you until I get information about the “Container crisis”. Is not going to solve ”our” problem but at least it explains what is happening around the world

I used to be like you until I get information about the “Container crisis”. Is not going to solve ”our” problem but at least it explains what is happening around the world
I am from Holland... almost on walking distance to Berlin... and no, we also do not get the parts we would like... Other third party companies from Germany (Wunderlich, MV) don't have these problems...

My question to BMW is why offer the product if you can't deliver? Some items I have ordered and come in a reasonable time but others have not. Unless BMW is buying from China the container crisis has nothing to do with their delivery of products.

My question to BMW is why offer the product if you can't deliver? Some items I have ordered and come in a reasonable time but others have not. Unless BMW is buying from China the container crisis has nothing to do with their delivery of products.
The Container Crisis is only the name for an entire logistic delay. It started with the containers but now a days is about all the issues with the transports around the world because of the COVID. The main stop due the pandemic will be fixed not until 2025. And, by the way, I’m on your side, trust me, but the facts are the facts.

Last edited:
You can download the Beach Bar installation instructions and you can see they will require longer hydraulic lines and electrical extensions. But in usual BMW fashion there are no part numbers or pricing.
I’ve owned this bike for only a month and I’m already growing weary of BMW practices.
You are answering a post that is almost a year old, theMucker has not posted here in at least 3 months. One whole month? And already you are whining like a little girl. Maybe you should have done some research before you bought the bike.

Coming from you who I’ve read nothing but erratic rambling and whining from across numerous bike forums?
That ignore option should be named after you.
And you answer one year old posts with the same information that has been post repeatedly, whining like a little girl because you can not buy ready made shiny doodads for your new toy.

Coming from you who I’ve read nothing but erratic rambling and whining from across numerous bike forums?
That ignore option should be named after you.
So ignore, no skin off my shinny doodads. If you read previous posts you will find that the biggest majority of you redundant questions have already been answered?

Last edited:

Attachments

• 4F5C58D5-67A5-49BB-9A7B-AB03A16AF5BA.jpeg
    4F5C58D5-67A5-49BB-9A7B-AB03A16AF5BA.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 13
Yeah wunderlich is starting to do the same. Show all sorts of overpriced shiny doodads and then you can’t get them for (unknown amount of) months. Oh well, we make do.

Yeah wunderlich is starting to do the same. Show all sorts of overpriced shiny doodads and then you can’t get them for (unknown amount of) months. Oh well, we make do.
not overhere in Holland. My crashbar arrived within 2 days, before I ordered the bike... They do have supply issues, but always keep you informed and delivey is quick, after they updated their stock inventory

not overhere in Holland. My crashbar arrived within 2 days, before I ordered the bike... They do have supply issues, but always keep you informed and delivey is quick, after they updated their stock inventory
Yeah here in the US they have things on the site but most is only available for preorder. Waited over a month for a tank rack, when I called didn’t sound like it was coming anytime soon. Told them that I’d switch it out for the new horns and they said that those wouldn’t be available for a long time. The prices and availability you guys get in Europe is much better. Found that out when Facebook accidentally recommended wunderlich International. Stoked for ya though.

I've ordered a set of universal riser extensions that the OEM risers will nestle on top of. They were only fitty bucks on the Amazon. Hopefully they will work....if not, yet another return.

View attachment 220
Hey Enzo, did these spacers fit? I'm 6'4" and I know I have to make adjustments to my bike (like all the rest), otherwise it will be hell after an hour or so of riding

Back