• Due to the fact that gmail allows bots to create email accounts and then the bots use these to sign up as spammers New users cannot use @gmail.com email accounts

Hexcode GS-911 Status on R18's

theMucker

Premium Member
I have a GS-911 USB on order and the first thing that I plan on doing is resetting service indicators and a "fault" indicator that's bitching about the lights, which are all operating properly. According to the web site, it does that and more.

Amazon has them for $300 now. The usual price is $400.

enzo5000

And for the budget minded, since the frequency of actually using the GS-911 tool is low, a group of rider friends can share the cost by as much as ten ways (VIN numbers) making the cost only $30.00 per person.

theMucker

Premium Member
And for the budget minded, since the frequency of actually using the GS-911 tool is low, a group of rider friends can share the cost by as much as ten ways (VIN numbers) making the cost only $30.00 per person.
Absolutely! It's a shame that it doesn't work with Indians too.

Black Dog

And, since an R18 is so expensive, a group of friends "can share the cost" airplane owners do it all the time.

theMucker

Premium Member
Today I got an email from Brendan at TwistedThrotle.com. There may be a light at the end of the tunnel, but it won't be fast coming...

"Brendan here from the Twisted Team. Sorry to leave you for so long without an update. I spoke with our Contact at Hex and they have not yet had the opportunity to design the GS-911 products for R18 compatibility. They mentioned they have had one in their shop and hope to further develop product for the future, but there is nothing available at this time.
They recommend I watch the Hex GS-911 Function Chart as that will be one of the first places with an update on R18 product compatibility. Please let us know what we can do to help you from here."

Gaylord Poe

Premium Member
That pretty much mirrors the reply that I received from their Support Desk after I sent them what my GS-911 read when I plugged it into my R18. That is why I immediately bought an OBDLink scan tool and downloaded the Pro version of MOTOSCAN and "got the job done" for about $130. The primary need I have for either device is resetting service lights; secondary is finding and clearing diagnostic codes. Although an excellent tool, my GS-911 "just ain't cutting it" for my R18 at this time. Paying a dealer an hours shop time and dealing with the associated hassle just to reset a service light is not for me.

theMucker

Premium Member
That pretty much mirrors the reply that I received from their Support Desk after I sent them what my GS-911 read when I plugged it into my R18. That is why I immediately bought an OBDLink scan tool and downloaded the Pro version of MOTOSCAN and "got the job done" for about $130. The primary need I have for either device is resetting service lights; secondary is finding and clearing diagnostic codes. Although an excellent tool, my GS-911 "just ain't cutting it" for my R18 at this time. Paying a dealer an hours shop time and dealing with the associated hassle just to reset a service light is not for me.
I appreciate the info GP and I'll take your advice when it comes time that I need it. In the mean time, I'm hoping that the folks who program the GS911 will do a proper update that allows it to reset service intervals.
(y)

Submariner

Premium Member
Finally got the upgrade downloaded for the R 18 on my GS-911. New firmware was put out in November 2021, but hadn't seen any mention of it until I went on line to Hex Code to check it. After downloading, the diagnostic test does show the R 18.

Gaylord Poe

Premium Member
Finally got the upgrade downloaded for the R 18 on my GS-911. New firmware was put out in November 2021, but hadn't seen any mention of it until I went on line to Hex Code to check it. After downloading, the diagnostic test does show the R 18.
Fantastic news! I had all but given up on that upgrade. Thank you for posting this info!

enzo5000

Yup, the new firmware is solid and they even offer support on MacOS. No more having to use BootCamp to us my GS911.