Innovv dash cam

Very happy with the exception of its Wi-Fi which is so slow you can’t practically download footage which means I have to remove the side panel and remove the memory card. Only takes a few mins but not possible if on the road.
Great I like how you were able to install it. I don't need to be able to download it on the road. That should work. Thanks

Interesting product. Have you guys created any content with this, or are you using it for the purpose of documenting any traffic incidents?

Thanks that looks great. Will that work for all three wires?
i Have not installed the dash cam. From reading the thread folks have wired the positive and negative directly to the battery and use the third wire (trigger) to switched power so it turns on and off with the ignition. You asked for a way not to spice into any wires. I gave you a link to a product that can provide the trigger connection using connectors avoiding spicing. Using the product with the link you may be able to hook it up without using the trigger wire because the power is only supplied when the ignition is switched on. You will have to use your judgement or experiment with the options. Cheshire Cat appears to have actual experience with the dash cam and his recommendation to use a Pos-a-Tap for connecting the trigger wire is what I would do. It’s really not a spice because you don’t cut the wire. I have used them extensively in many applications and never had a problem.

Yes. If you google those connectors, they seem to have a good reputation from what I saw.
Hi
As per R2K’s response I seem to remember pos & Neg running to the battery and only one pos a tap connector required.

Very happy with the exception of its Wi-Fi which is so slow you can’t practically download footage which means I have to remove the side panel and remove the memory card. Only takes a few mins but not possible if on the road.
So, I finally got the K5 installed. Very happy with it also it looks like they fixed the slow Wi-Fi. The download to the phone is lightning-fast now.

Hi, I'm also attempting to install a dashcam I bought this weekend but when I open the side panel, I'm a little unsure where to tap the power directly. For the ignition wire, I'll use the positao and I've a rough idea where I can do it. Would be great if someone can point me to it. If not, I'll probably have to remove alot of stuff to reach the battery itself.

I've attached two pic which I thought I'll use to connect the negative (brown) and positive (red).

Attachments

• 20230920_121417.jpg
    20230920_121417.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • 20230920_121440.jpg
    20230920_121440.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Hi, I'm also attempting to install a dashcam I bought this weekend but when I open the side panel, I'm a little unsure where to tap the power directly. For the ignition wire, I'll use the positao and I've a rough idea where I can do it. Would be great if someone can point me to it. If not, I'll probably have to remove alot of stuff to reach the battery itself.

I've attached two pic which I thought I'll use to connect the negative (brown) and positive (red).
I tapped into the wire that feeds the power outlet. I removed the plastic cover that supports the power outlet and tapped into that wire using a Posi Tap connector.

I tapped into the wire that feeds the power outlet. I removed the plastic cover that supports the power outlet and tapped into that wire using a Posi Tap connector.
Thanks for sharing! How about the direct power connection? You went straight to the battery? For mine, as shown in the pics, the battery seems buried deep within.

Fitted up. Not sure on position of GPS beacon as yet but easy to relocate. Will put together some pics and an explanation soon. Cameras are quite subtle and you have to look for them.
If I am not mistaken it looks like for the rear camera and GPS in the photo you routed the cables for both under the fender (but presumably over the fender mount to ensure the cables don't get snagged in the rear wheel somehow. Am I correct? And if so, does that mean there was enough space for the cables?

If I am not mistaken it looks like for the rear camera and GPS in the photo you routed the cables for both under the fender (but presumably over the fender mount to ensure the cables don't get snagged in the rear wheel somehow. Am I correct? And if so, does that mean there was enough space for the cables?
Hi Hanse
That is correct. If you were abe look under the mudguard, you would see no wires.

I have the B, not a pure/classic. The more I look at it the more I think removing the entire fender on the B will be too difficult. I'll need to ponder this for a while.

Side note, installed the K3 on my R 1250 RS the other day. works great!

Check the owner/riders manual concerning jump staring, the battery is connected to the frame of the motorcycle and can be used to ground accessories.
All my acceories are connected through a PDM 60 giving a central connection and control point for 6 individual circuit breaker controlled circuits.
The control unit can be mounted in what ever conventent spot you can find.

[/URL][/URL]

Love the PDM 60, have it on my GS. Would love to see it on the R18.

Back