Jack/Lift for the R18?

• Thread starter Deleted member 770
  • Start date
Thanks! yes and if you put in a promo code it drops to just over 1100 !!! By the way I couldn't find it on the site ... is that shipping included?
No it's not. They use RoadRunner for Tx. They do ship it in a crate and it's upside down inside. If you have to unload it by yourself, stand it up on its edge and then lay it down. It weights a couple hundred pounds but you can unload it by yourself. Then it's an easy put together. Best money I have spent. Enjoy!!

No it's not. They use RoadRunner for Tx. They do ship it in a crate and it's upside down inside. If you have to unload it by yourself, stand it up on its edge and then lay it down. It weights a couple hundred pounds but you can unload it by yourself. Then it's an easy put together. Best money I have spent. Enjoy!!
Thanks!

What size compressor do you have running this?

Is there any reason to get the 1500lb lift over the 1000lb? Even the TC doesnt weigh over 1000. I am currently shopping for a lift and dont see why to spend the extra for a 1500lb over the 1000lb.

Is there any reason to get the 1500lb lift over the 1000lb? Even the TC doesnt weigh over 1000. I am currently shopping for a lift and dont see why to spend the extra for a 1500lb over the 1000lb.
You can purchase a smaller ramp if you would like and a ramp not as wide and save you some money. I bought a 1500 lb and wide ramp because it suited my needs and there wasn't enough difference to justify buying less. The TC is 960 lbs dry weight and it doesn't make sense to buy a lift that's max is 40 lbs more. By the time up place a jack under the bike and lean on working on your bike, you have reached capacity. Now it's bleeding down on you while you work. Doesn't make sense to me but if it does to you, have at it and enjoy.
That's my $1.00 on the issue.

You can purchase a smaller ramp if you would like and a ramp not as wide and save you some money. I bought a 1500 lb and wide ramp because it suited my needs and there wasn't enough difference to justify buying less. The TC is 960 lbs dry weight and it doesn't make sense to buy a lift that's max is 40 lbs more. By the time up place a jack under the bike and lean on working on your bike, you have reached capacity. Now it's bleeding down on you while you work. Doesn't make sense to me but if it does to you, have at it and enjoy.
Oh I dont have a TC, I was just saying that even the TC is not quite 1000lb, but I guess its close. I have a standard R18 which is what 760? And my other bike is a Ducati ST2 which is under 500. I guess unless I plan on getting a heavier bike in the future I dont see the reason for it. That was the reason for the question.

It's not just load capacity, but also safety. IMHO, I'd rather buy an overbuilt lift than a "good-enough" lift for my bike or car.

For me, the extra $$$ is well worth the peace of mind knowing that my $20-30k bike will remain upright, and that I can safely walk around her at any height without fear of the lift itself giving out.

But, that's just me. 🤷‍♂️

Mike

Actually after doing a little more research I think I am going to go with a Derek Weaver lift. They seem to make a really good lift and found nothing but positive reviews. Plus I am only a few hours away from one of their warehouses and I can get this for way less the Discount Ramps one. Plus the Derek Weaver lifts sell parts and repair kits so if something does go wrong down the road the support seems to be better for it.

https://www.derekweaver.com/bikers-garage/motorcycle-lifts/weaver-pro-1000-droptail-motorcycle-lift/

Actually after doing a little more research I think I am going to go with a Derek Weaver lift. They seem to make a really good lift and found nothing but positive reviews. Plus I am only a few hours away from one of their warehouses and I can get this for way less the Discount Ramps one. Plus the Derek Weaver lifts sell parts and repair kits so if something does go wrong down the road the support seems to be better for it.

https://www.derekweaver.com/bikers-garage/motorcycle-lifts/weaver-pro-1000-droptail-motorcycle-lift/
Glad you found one that works for your needs.

Back