Just ride the damn thing! Share your adventures!

I took advantage of the nice weather that has been around for the past few days and road all over North Georgia, East Tennessee and Western North Carolina on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Here is a picture where I parked off of NC Hwy 28 overlooking Cheoah Lake just North of Fontana Dam. I ended up riding over the Dragon, which I usually avoid on weekends. However, today I hit it late and there wasn't much traffic on it.
IMG_6472.jpg

Great Picture... Any scuffs on the replaceable points mounted on the bottom of the floorboards..? I've only dragged the floorboards a handful of times on my B model; I actually didn't or wasn't expecting it at the time.

View attachment 8023
On these curvy mountain roads it is impossible not to drag the foot/floor boards. I have dragged them on both sides of the bagger. I'll check and see if I can take pictures of the scrapes underneath both sides and post.

On these curvy mountain roads it is impossible not to drag the foot/floor boards. I have dragged them on both sides of the bagger. I'll check and see if I can take pictures of the scrapes underneath both sides and post.

I took a closer look at your picture while on the Dragon, which provides a great prospective of the Engine Protection Bar and the Floor Board "Stopper"; as I was curious about another forum member who reported of dragging their floor board, and also making contact with the pavement and the OEM BMW Engine Protection Bar (YIKES..!!!).

Note: The Floor Board "Stopper" call-out No. 5 in the below image is just shy of $22.00 when it becomes time to replace..

1669888419104.png

I took a closer look at your picture while on the Dragon, which provides a great prospective of the Engine Protection Bar and the Floor Board "Stopper"; as I was curious about another forum member who reported of dragging their floor board, and also making contact with the pavement and the OEM BMW Engine Protection Bar (YIKES..!!!).

Note: The Floor Board "Stopper" call-out No. 5 in the below image is just shy of $22.00 when it becomes time to replace..

View attachment 8043
Can you buy a Flint version? 😁

Back