Kellermann Blinkers/Break Lights

Hello Tom. Yes I have. Actually the problem was related to the wire connections. Apparently the canbus system is very sensitive to how the cables connect to each other (I was using simple crimped connectors in the original harness). The solution was to acquire a new complete harness from the canbus unit to the taillights (got it from Wunderlish). It worked just fine with no error messages. Hope it helps
Hi, I'm new here and am planning on doing the same mod to my R18.
Do you care to share how you did the connections to get the Kellermann work properly?

Thanks in advance!

Could you also give us the wires color correspondance for blinkers, position and brake lights
OK, so I finally received my Kellermann Bullet 1000DF taillight/indicators and did some trail and error myself.

to connect:
Left side (I have cut off the original connector for the left side indicator and used those 4 wires):
brown OEM wiring -> black Kellermann (ground)
grey/red OEM wiring -> grey/red Kellermann !! USE 5W RESISTOR BETWEEN THIS ONE AND GROUND !! (Tail and brake light)
black/white OEM wiring -> grey Kellermann (left indicator)
yellow OEM wiring -> discard! not in use
grey/white kellermann -> discard! not in use

Right side (I have cut off the original connector for the left side indicator and used those 4 wires):
brown OEM wiring -> black Kellermann (ground)
grey/red OEM wiring -> grey/red Kellermann !! USE 5W RESISTOR BETWEEN THIS ONE AND GROUND !! (Tail and brake light)
blue/green OEM wiring -> grey Kellermann (right indicator)
yellow OEM wiring -> discard! not in use
grey/white kellermann -> discard! not in use

Very important: as marcelo already stated, do NOT use big spade connectors, but solder or use fine connectors! the CAN BUS system is very sensitive for this.

NOTE: THIS IS WHAT I FOUND OUT WHILE TESTING, NOT YET TESTED ON THE ROAD OR FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME, I AM NOT RESPONSABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS!

Hello BMW Friends
We try to adopt the bullet 1000DF 3in1 blinkers on to bagger custom made for polish contest.
Its not possible to doi it as a substitution of oryginal tail lights.
When we put the cables on shorts everything seems ok but when we start the engine and used in the same time turn and stop - the bmw system turn off the stop lights and show error of wrong stop lights. Stop ligts used separetly with turn signals worked ok but together not. of course we mesured all resistances and wats, but internal electronics gives smaler current than sum of stop + turn.
only one way was to seperate stop lights from turn signals, and add external turn signals

In our previous customs of r-18 was no problem, because the rear electric instalaction can be easy separated under the seats and make it new with additional one resistor
https://motocyklebmwkrakow.pl/dtc/i...KS*MTY4NjczNTU5MC4xLjAuMTY4NjczNTU5MC4wLjAuMA..

this same scheme was in the Carbon Fever custom - no problem
https://motocyklebmwkrakow.pl/dtc/c...KS*MTY4NjczNTU5MC4xLjAuMTY4NjczNTU5MC4wLjAuMA..

In the new project mede on bagger is very hard, becouse all eletric wires are together with the sounds wires in side cases.
https://motocyklebmwkrakow.pl/dtc/s...KS*MTY4NjczNTU5MC4xLjAuMTY4NjczNTU5MC4wLjAuMA..

Than if somone think about the 3 in 1 tailights must be patient and wait for different light that will be working plug and play mode.
If you don want to wait and want to change it You must use separete stop and turn signals - easiest way.

See on the road

Attachments

• 06ac2a8e-bd33-4c09-9d26-49c45f35de23.JPG
    06ac2a8e-bd33-4c09-9d26-49c45f35de23.JPG
    566.7 KB · Views: 9
  • a64d6a22-a62d-4dc6-a538-b4eaae718684.JPG
    a64d6a22-a62d-4dc6-a538-b4eaae718684.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 4f744fb8-08fa-4ac2-abba-a4808c4b2c93.JPG
    4f744fb8-08fa-4ac2-abba-a4808c4b2c93.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 9
I would check with Hans at LMC.
The Kellerman wiring harness he builds is plug-n-play. It is engineered for Euro bikes and you only need to swap a few wires around to accommodate the simpler U.S. market rear light setup.

Back