Keyless start problems and new Mustang/BMW seat

Of course not. I have seen that in cars, but not motorcycles. It's possible there are motorcycles with keyed ignitions that have immobilizers in the keys, but I'm not aware of any. BMW, Harley and Indian all went from standard keys to keyless fobs as far as I am aware. Maybe the Goldwing or something had a key with an immobilizer, but most Japanese bikes I have seen still use standard unchipped keys.
I'm pretty sure my Vespa from 2004 and my R1200RT from 2005 had chipped keys. I'd think it has been standard on BMW bikes from around that time - it would be strange if my model was the only one.

I'm pretty sure my Vespa from 2004 and my R1200RT from 2005 had chipped keys. I'd think it has been standard on BMW bikes from around that time - it would be strange if my model was the only one.
My 2013 GSA doesn't have a chipped key. Like I said, maybe some do, but I've owned around 20 modern era motorcycles and none of them have had chipped keys, they have had either dumb keys or keyless fobs. Personally I prefer the dumb key, even with the security risk. The new habit of manufacturers only offering a single key fob where a second one costs $200+ is pretty irritating. Having a backup locked away in case the original is lost or damaged just seems like common sense to me.

My 2013 GSA doesn't have a chipped key. Like I said, maybe some do, but I've owned around 20 modern era motorcycles and none of them have had chipped keys, they have had either dumb keys or keyless fobs. Personally I prefer the dumb key, even with the security risk. The new habit of manufacturers only offering a single key fob where a second one costs $200+ is pretty irritating. Having a backup locked away in case the original is lost or damaged just seems like common sense to me.
It's like everything today: Getting *ucking* stupid. No one is ever rich enough...fking lame...

Also curious if anyone gets a small flash of the red led before the bike self checks. Usually I get nothing but the red led until I hit it 3x. In good moments I get a brief flash of red and then it goes right into self check and I can fire it up
I keep having this same issue. The other day a hit the start button(when the red bars stayed illuminated) and it started and the red bars went away. Others are having this issue too.

Back