Looking for feedback on front fender swap out.

So apparently currently there have been discussions here on this forum related to three different sources or suppliers of front fenders that are larger than the stock provided fender.

1) DK Designs @ around $700USD shipped. Comes painted, pinstriped, and is plastic in material.

2) aliexpress front fender that looks like the exact replica of the DK Designs fender $215USD shipped

3) the Ebay metal fabricator seller in Estonia that sells a metal fender painted and striped at around $490USD

As far as the DK Designs fender the feedback here is that a few purchasers do not like the plastic construction and complain about fender vibration or shake with motoring frame vibration.

As far as the AliExpress, I am wondering if anyone has purchased one and if it is the same as the DK Designs.

Lastly, The Ebay seller in Estonia offers a metal fender, which I would assume might prevent the vibration issue of the DK Design fender ( not sure) but looking for any feedback from anyone who has purchased one and mounted it.

Please feel free to leave your experiences with any of these front fenders Thank you MUCH appreciated.

Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 2.58.11 PM.png

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 2.59.39 PM.png

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 3.00.45 PM.png

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I've ordered one from Ebay/Estonia and it has a pretty long lead time. Mine will arrive in 4 weeks (ordered 2-3 weeks ago).

I'll share pics/thoughts as soon as I receive it.

Last edited:

You have this OEM option too, just needs pinstriping

You have this OEM option too, just needs pinstriping

Thanks for the lead..... any idea of the total cost of that BMW OEM fender ? also does it arrive painted black ? I understand the pin striping would have to be done separately .

Thanks for the lead..... any idea of the total cost of that BMW OEM fender ? also does it arrive painted black ? I understand the pin striping would have to be done separately .
There’s a price listed in the that thread with pictures but there’s been an increase since so best to check with a dealer and negotiate. Comes painted yes.

Just wondering if your fender arrived ? if so, does the paint exactly match the bike's paint ?
I just received it.

Black paint looks good but stripes just a little bit lighter which wont be noticeable.

The problem is - it arrived damaged. There is a 2 inch long dent on top of it and both sides noticeable stratched.

I'll try to work with the seller to address this issue.

Attachments

• 20220604_150159.jpg
    20220604_150159.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
  • 20220604_150109.jpg
    20220604_150109.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 36
  • 20220604_145432.jpg
    20220604_145432.jpg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Overall, it's well made- metal is thicker than the stock one, good welding and paint/striping looks great where it's not scratched.

I'm sure it was damaged traveling all the way from Estonia to US.

Packaging was minimum- bubble wrap and thin paper.

SO, finally someone in France posted a review of the front fender that looks like the DK design fender being sold on AliExpress out of China for $220 shipped. Using the google translator it says that the fender is sturdy and well made but the pinstripes look to be possibly decals that were added an then the fender was clear coated afterwards. Who knows if that is an accurate depiction since I had to use a translator.

Anyone know if the DK design fender pinstripes are painted on ?

Note the rags for holding the brake calipers & don't touch the front brake lever!;)

My story with the fender from Ebay/Estonia is not over.

The seller is nice to deal with. He quickly acknowledged the problem, figured out what happened and offered some solutions.
After i've sent him pictures of packaging he confirmed that transportation company removed 3 fenders from the boxes, stacked them and shipped that way to "save some space" (C). All 3 arrived to US damaged.
He's also going to adjust pinstripe width.

Now, i just need some patience and wait another 2 months. The fender is sturdy, lightweight and the paint is good (where it's not scratched).

The seller is nice to deal with. He quickly acknowledged the problem, figured out what happened and offered some solutions.
After i've sent him pictures of packaging he confirmed that transportation company removed 3 fenders from the boxes, stacked them and shipped that way to "save some space" (C). All 3 arrived to US damaged.

Now, i just need some patience and wait another 2 months. The fender is sturdy, lightweight and the paint is good (where it's not scratched).
Those guys from the shipping company... 😒

Keep us posted on this fender.

Question how is the black paint ? bringing the fender up to the tank on or up to the rear fender,....doe the fender black paint match the bike black paint exactly ? LMK thanks

Back