Most Comfortable R18 Seat?

Hi Everyone

My R18 Classic has the stock BMW seat and I am not too impressed with the comfort after an hour or so.

I would like to achieve the following:

- to keep the seat ride height as it currently is
- to have a pillion seat
- to have an adjustable Rider backrest

I would also prefer to have an original BMW part (I like originality)

It seems there are a couple of options from BMW = namely The Day Rider and The Weekender - both come with rider backrests

Does anyone have any advice regarding which is best and whether they meet my 3 objectives above?

Many thanks

Alan

Hey, Alan,
There is lots of info on the forum about seats already. I don't mean to be snide by any means, but a quick entry of "seats" in the search bar will give you lots of info.

FWIW, I have the day tripper, and it is more comfortable than the stock seat, but I also have noassatall, a congenital disfigurement of the derriere that means i don't need a big seat.

JP

Hi Everyone

My R18 Classic has the stock BMW seat and I am not too impressed with the comfort after an hour or so.

I would like to achieve the following:

- to keep the seat ride height as it currently is
- to have a pillion seat
- to have an adjustable Rider backrest

I would also prefer to have an original BMW part (I like originality)

It seems there are a couple of options from BMW = namely The Day Rider and The Weekender - both come with rider backrests

Does anyone have any advice regarding which is best and whether they meet my 3 objectives above?

Many thanks

Alan
Hi Alan, be aware that neither seat is supplied with a backrest, it needs to be purchased separately. I went with the Day Rider seat as I didn’t think the Weekender fitted the aesthetic of the bike personally and it’s a huge improvement over the standard seat.

Hi Alan, be aware that neither seat is supplied with a backrest, it needs to be purchased separately. I went with the Day Rider seat as I didn’t think the Weekender fitted the aesthetic of the bike personally and it’s a huge improvement over the standard seat.
Thanks - Did you end up buying the backrest? If so is it adjustable? Thanks

Thanks - Did you end up buying the backrest? If so is it adjustable? Thanks
I didn’t, but I don’t like them personally from previous experience. The tilt is adjustable. This is a screenshot from the accessory brochure with associated blurb.

Attachments

• 17E96F4B-BBE6-4639-880A-1FB43D46561E.jpeg
    17E96F4B-BBE6-4639-880A-1FB43D46561E.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 7
Hey, Alan,
There is lots of info on the forum about seats already. I don't mean to be snide by any means, but a quick entry of "seats" in the search bar will give you lots of info.

FWIW, I have the day tripper, and it is more comfortable than the stock seat, but I also have noassatall, a congenital disfigurement of the derriere that means i don't need a big seat.

JP
Thanks for the feedback JP - I appear to be a bit hopeless with 'forum' threads, searches, replies, etiquette, and abbreviations (it's the same with the pinball forums I'm part of - I collect pinball machines).

As I don't use social media, only email, I appear to be a little clumsy with this sort of communication.

I will search 'seats' and see what comes up but I really appreciate you coming back to me with your views.

Many thanks

Alan

Thanks - I think I need one - I have one on my Harley Ultra and it really improves my riding range 👍
There was one fitted to my Street Glide Special when I bought it and didn’t like it at all so I removed it. May have been because it wasn’t an OEM piece or didn’t suit the seat that was on it but it definitely wasn’t for me.

Back