My fishtail exhaust project

Dave, that is an awesome throaty sound🙀. It would be nice to hear a hard take off!! Move over Harley!! Rear end is sexy. If that rear wheel is not 200 wide, when are you changing😄. I like the cool side jugs plate!! Very appropriate!! Please show side profile pics.
No need for a wider tire. I like the proportions of the stock size visually as well as the handling characteristics.

View attachment 13468

If you’re wondering what the inside of your head pipes look like. You can see the flapper in its natural open position. It still takes up a fair percentage of the available flow volume inside the pipe. The catalyst is encased in a stainless steel mesh so it’s not as simple as hammering it out.
I would be interested to know how the cat was removed.

No need for a wider tire. I like the proportions of the stock size visually as well as the handling characteristics.
I agree with you on every aspect Dave! I would love 230 rear tire but handling would be scary at the Dragons Tail! But the side jugs just wants a little bit more (200) if I can safely keep the stock wheel. For the people that have made the conversion and tire experts on safety, please chime in.

I am trying out a pair of the short honeycomb db killers. They don’t quiet the exhaust much but they do smooth out the exhaust more.
I’ll post a video as soon as have some time and nice weather.

IMG_8108.jpeg

Last edited:
Back