OBD2 Connector?

Where has BMW hidden the OBD2 connector on the R18's, specifically the TC? Under the right side cover I see something which could be it, a connector not connected to anything. I'm trying to connect the Brentune hand held.. Back in my BMW car days, I needed an "adapter" to connect my analyzer to the car.. Is this the case here? If so is there a particular type? Thanks, Joel

https://www.r18forums.com/threads/a...ear-the-factory-service-codes.686/#post-10252

#36 thru #40
Some are on the right side, some are on the left side inder the side cover.

There are more posts here.Just need to hunt em down.
Hi, Yes, I did find some of posts you have called out. I also did find what I believe is the OBD2 port on the bike, right side. Problem is that connector does not match the Brentune connector which is standard OBD2. So what I am trying to find out is if there is an adaptor of sorts needed to physically connect Brentune to the bike......

Hi, Yes, I did find some of posts you have called out. I also did find what I believe is the OBD2 port on the bike, right side. Problem is that connector does not match the Brentune connector which is standard OBD2. So what I am trying to find out is if there is an adaptor of sorts needed to physically connect Brentune to the bike......
The Bren Tuner does match.No adaptor is needed.
When you disconnect the OBD II port from where the port is plugged into a dummy socket then plug the bren tuner to the cable end that you just disconnected from the bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Post a picture of the obd II port.
Only the 1st run of the R18 have the port on the right side.The recent ones have them on the left side and are a bunch easier to access.

Where has BMW hidden the OBD2 connector on the R18's, specifically the TC? Under the right side cover I see something which could be it, a connector not connected to anything. I'm trying to connect the Brentune hand held.. Back in my BMW car days, I needed an "adapter" to connect my analyzer to the car.. Is this the case here? If so is there a particular type? Thanks, Joel
Mine TC has it under the left side cover, it literally sits face down in a tray holder of sorts. took me a while to find it LOL

Found it, left side as suggested.. Now to get the Brentune to work..
Watch the YouTube video to do the tune and follow Bren Tune instructions as they have to send you the map after you downlowad the info into the bike into the hand held unit.
Bren Tune will have your map pretty darn fast.
Good luck.
TK

Mine TC has it under the left side cover, it literally sits face down in a tray holder of sorts. took me a while to find it LOL
Mine is one of the first bikes & on the right side.A real bitch to unplug from the bike,LOL!

Mine is one of the first bikes & on the right side.A real bitch to unplug from the bike,LOL!
Do you guys follow the procedure in the manual (remove a relay) or just rock it off the mounting bracket?

I did the rock off method but the attachment clip gauls the bracket every time and eventually it will cause a failure.

I couldn’t get the relay to easily come out following the procedure and was afraid of snapping it.

Another question has any relocated the OB2 port.

Port is on the right side, in the pain in the ass location.

Back