Ok, so how many actually are there out in the wild?

Hi guys ,I'm a biker from Shanghai China. Do you have herad about that for the 100 year model, the paint will peel off if putting protection film on.? If we don't use protection film, how will the paint ?
Actually I don't know if the quality of this model is the same all around the world, we cancled the akrapovic exhaust for 3C certification process。

Attachments

• 微信图片_20231016172322.jpg
    微信图片_20231016172322.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 微信图片_20231016172337.jpg
    微信图片_20231016172337.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 24
  • 微信图片_20231016172341.jpg
    微信图片_20231016172341.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 微信图片_20231016172344.jpg
    微信图片_20231016172344.jpg
    714.2 KB · Views: 23
Hi guys ,I'm a biker from Shanghai China. Do you have herad about that for the 100 year model, the paint will peel off if putting protection film on.? If we don't use protection film, how will the paint ?
Actually I don't know if the quality of this model is the same all around the world, we cancled the akrapovic exhaust for 3C certification process。
:oops:

Does anyone know if the Chinese market receives from the same inventory of bikes from Berlin as the western market does?

Or, I wonder if BMW contracts out the paint job to an in-country/near-country company for cost-savings? 🤷‍♂️

Mike

I think that Beemer sightings are like other marque sightings (e.g. VW, Mercedes, Audi, etc.,), in that the odds are vastly greater around dealership locations and various areas around the country. For example, VW is extremely popular and a "dime a dozen" in the New England states, but rare in the midwest where more domestic vehicles are found.

Because there aren't a lot of Beemer dealerships nationwide, I wouldn't expect people to report seeing an R18 on "every street corner". This is unrealistic. Instead, like a DeLorean owner, I kind of like owning something that's not all that common around and can turn heads.

Just my take 🤷‍♂️.

Mike

Something’s not right there. My best guess if I understand the issue properly is that someone’s put an adhesive film onto the tank but the backing adhesive that’s on it is way too aggressive, so much so that it’s ruined the paint underneath. I cannot imagine the paintwork would leave Berlin anything other than perfect, like all the bikes. Regarding protecting the paint, well there’s many options but a good quality polish is all I use. Best of luck sorting it out, what a shame.

Exactly my thoughts here. Whatever that came into contact with the paint had the power to lift the layers of paint of the rear mudguard to the primer. On the tank it looks like the clear coat was the one affected, nevertheless, the only solution here is to do a proper paint re spraying on the mudguard affected area. On the fuel tank one may get away with just clear coating and then definitely stay away from any wonder products out there claiming to work miracles. Stick to a reputable brand of paint wax/polish and that is all the protection needed.

Something’s not right there. My best guess if I understand the issue properly is that someone’s put an adhesive film onto the tank but the backing adhesive that’s on it is way too aggressive, so much so that it’s ruined the paint underneath. I cannot imagine the paintwork would leave Berlin anything other than perfect, like all the bikes. Regarding protecting the paint, well there’s many options but a good quality polish is all I use. Best of luck sorting it out, what a shame.
Hmmm....

I've never seen protective film with adhesive THAT aggressive!

Shaotong, have you tried that same protective film on another motorcycle? What were your results?

I think we need to wait for him/her to respond, but yeah...it's pretty incredible to think that BMW would allow motorcycles to leave the factory with paint like that.

At this point, I'm blaming the protective film adhesive without further data (I'm biased 🤣).

Mike

Back