Puig or Madstad screen?

View attachment 6490
I have the Puig Touring and the Memphis lowers, makes it a very quiet comfortable ride.
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but I have a question. Does your bike have the keyed steering lock on the lower right hand side of the fork? If so, does the right Puig support brace hit the lock when you're turning it to the right? I just got one of these and that seems to be a problem.

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but I have a question. Does your bike have the keyed steering lock on the lower right hand side of the fork? If so, does the right Puig support brace hit the lock when you're turning it to the right? I just got one of these and that seems to be a problem.
I am still following the thread, however I am in Daytona Beach for bike week and do not have my R18 here. I would have to check when I get home. But I did notice and clearance issues

Anyway to lock or unlock you need to turn the bar full left no?
I like this Puig screen, I'm thinking about to switch for it.

Mine does yes but only when I am slow maneuvering and have it fully turned to lock. So basically only when Im turning it around in the garage.

Anyone get the Puig Touring screen and if so are you happy? DId you need to add lowers (Memphis)? Anyone got the Madstad screen (with or without lowers)? Figure I will ride the new R18 without a screen for the initial 4 hour trip back from IL to IN. Once back in Florida can go to the Madstad shop...though at a bit under $600 for screen and lowers that is a chuck of $. Such is life on a bmw or harley I figure.
Do you live in IN? If so, I'm in Avon.

View attachment 6490
I have the Puig Touring and the Memphis lowers, makes it a very quiet comfortable ride.
An old post but hope this finds you. Love my Puig screen but there is some buffeting .What fork clamps did you use please? I couldn't find an option for the R18. I had an unused complete set for a Yamaha 1900 Roadliner but clamps did not fit due to the ridge on forks. thanks

Anyway to lock or unlock you need to turn the bar full left no?
I like this Puig screen, I'm thinking about to switch for it.
Yes you need the bar full left to lock it.
If you are seriously considering it, let me know. I have a dark version of the windscreen. Used it for 1 day. I’m 6 ft and have a mustang seat, so the buffeting with this shield was too much for me. Went home and took it out of the bike.

An old post but hope this finds you. Love my Puig screen but there is some buffeting .What fork clamps did you use please? I couldn't find an option for the R18. I had an unused complete set for a Yamaha 1900 Roadliner but clamps did not fit due to the ridge on forks. thanks
Memphis Shades sku is MEM5804 for the deflector and MEK1980 for the mount

The style of your screen is nice and simple. Am planning to copy cat you.

Yes you need the bar full left to lock it.
If you are seriously considering it, let me know. I have a dark version of the windscreen. Used it for 1 day. I’m 6 ft and have a mustang seat, so the buffeting with this shield was too much for me. Went home and took it out of the bike.
I've sent you a PM.

Back