R18 - Aftermarket ECU options

Excellent, I can't wait to get my tune in this spring!
Notice how the bike idles after initial start up.No shaking.
Funny,I did not count how many times he said "Smooth or Smoother"but he did say it quite a bit.I too,never take mine off ROCK mode with the sidecar.The bike seems to have as much or maybe more power compared to the no tune without the sidecar.

Last edited by a moderator:
We did a review ride with the flash, in case anyone wanted to check it out.

BTW, My R18C has 12,000 miles on it and the stock mufflers sound real nice with the tune.I won't be changing or modifying the exhaust.I do have a K&N filter that does add to a deeper sound when opening the throttle.Really happy with the BrenTune.Thx again,TK

The decel POP comes from the lean condition.They(BMW) are restricted to make the air cooled bike emit the same level of emissions as a liquid cooled auto.The bike with the tune still has a big twin idle it is just more of a cadence and equal thump.Riding at speed the tune is really smooth and torquey.
On a side noteThe most important numbers on a dyno sheet is the AFR(Air Fuel Ratio).Thumbs up to BT Moto for showing the AFR with the lean oem condition and tuned graph .They show the difference between the higher TQ numbers where the AFR is in the optimal range.The use of a lazer temp gun would also show the properly tuned cooler running engine.
Like what you like.No argument from me.I live in Arizona and we have temps up to 118 degree(48c).I love my tuned R18C and Arizona.I rode yesterday.I will ride today and God willing,I'll ride tomorrow.
Glad everyone is enjoying their R18s.

The decel POP comes from the lean condition.They(BMW) are restricted to make the air cooled bike emit the same level of emissions as a liquid cooled auto.The bike with the tune still has a big twin idle it is just more of a cadence and equal thump.Riding at speed the tune is really smooth and torquey.
On a side noteThe most important numbers on a dyno sheet is the AFR(Air Fuel Ratio).Thumbs up to BT Moto for showing the AFR with the lean oem condition and tuned graph .They show the difference between the higher TQ numbers where the AFR is in the optimal range.The use of a lazer temp gun would also show the properly tuned cooler running engine.
Like what you like.No argument from me.I live in Arizona and we have temps up to 118 degree(48c).I love my tuned R18C and Arizona.I rode yesterday.I will ride today and God willing,I'll ride tomorrow.
Glad everyone is enjoying their R18s.
My Indian FTR made all kinds of popping and farting noises when it was new with OEM tune. Sounded kind of cool like some of my old carbureted road race cars. Then I got it tuned and the bike became an absolute joy to ride.
Anyone who gives a priority to the sound over a great tune is really shorting themselves.

My Indian FTR made all kinds of popping and farting noises when it was new with OEM tune. Sounded kind of cool like some of my old carbureted road race cars. Then I got it tuned and the bike became an absolute joy to ride.
Anyone who gives a priority to the sound over a great tune is really shorting themselves.
Well said!
My Roadmaster is also tuned.I had to take it to the dealer for some kind of neutral switch recall(Never had any issues).Also had 2 new tires put on as they had a free install deal.Anyway,I flashed the ecu back to the original tune.I noticed the bike to feel heavy or sluggish.I Re-flashed when I got home.
Night & Day.I actually get better fuel mileage with the tune.

So how do we organize and entice BTMoto to offer the Forum a group buy discount? How many orders would it take....10.....20.....?
I just got a response from BT Moto.
He is gonna talk it over with his team and get back to us within the week.

Last edited by a moderator:
@R18C messaged us directly on a group buy. I discussed it with everyone and this is what we came up with:

-Group buy of 10 handhelds: $100 off advertised price
-Group buy of 20 handhelds: $150 off advertised price

We have to add a rule to this due to other group buys in the past. Once everyone has agreed to buy and everyone is ready, we need the group of buyers to all pay at the same time and before we ship any product. This way we will know if anyone backs out of the buy. Example: If we get 12 people saying they will purchase and only 8 actually pay, it means we did not fulfill the minimum requirement for the $100 off. In this scenario the people that did pay will either be refunded or have a choice to pay for the remainder of the product.

If this is agreeable we can post a group buy thread and get started. Or we can keep the posting here, whatever the admins are ok with.

@R18C messaged us directly on a group buy. I discussed it with everyone and this is what we came up with:

We have to add a rule to this due to other group buys in the past. Once everyone has agreed to buy and everyone is ready, we need the group of buyers to all pay at the same time and before we ship any product. This way we will know if anyone backs out of the buy. Example: If we get 12 people saying they will purchase and only 8 actually pay, it means we did not fulfill the minimum requirement for the $100 off. In this scenario the people that did pay will either be refunded or have a choice to pay for the remainder of the product.

If this is agreeable we can post a group buy thread and get started. Or we can keep the posting here, whatever the admins are ok with.
I'm in. Please keep me posted.

Maybe you should start a separate post with Headline under:

Garage / Mechanical Help​

Back