R18 Annual or 6K Interval Scheduled Maintenance Parts List & Torque Specifications Worksheet

Gotcha, hadn't seen a close up of it used, just sitting on the table with stuff. Trying to do research to make sure I have everything before I start draining. I'm seeing...

07119963252 = Oil drain plug crush washer
07119963132 = Final drive fill plug crush washer
33117695219 = Final drive drain plug rubber o-ring

Assuming the transmission drain bolt doesn't have any sort of disposable gasket? Also, Seems like the transmission fill plug has a factory pressed washer on it (IE, try and replace at your own risk), so either replace the whole thing if you want, try to replace the washer itself, or reuse as comfortable?

Honestly, washers are $1 apiece. Cheap insurance, and even if you don't always choose to replace, seems like keeping spares on hand for one getting messed up/lost in the process is a good idea.
I wouldn't mess with the Transmission Fill Plug/Crush washer; that can be reused over several Transmission fluid changes - beside, the replacement fill plug with the integrated crush washer is $38..

I updated the R18 annual maintenance booklet after performing the valve Verification & Adjustment job.

The below picture shows the Transmission Fill Plug part number, as well as the 14 mm Spark-Plug Socket P/N:

Screenshot_20230907-155641.png

Attachments

• R18 B Maintenance Book(1).pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I wouldn't mess with the Transmission Fill Plug/Crush washer; that can be reused over several Transmission fluid changes - beside, the replacement fill plug with the integrated crush washer is $38..

The below picture shows the Transmission Fill Plug part number, as well as the 14 mm Spark-Plug Socket P/N:

View attachment 11559
Yea, I wasn't planning on messing with that plug, just wanted to make sure I had all my part numbers correct for where they went on the bike.

Called my closest dealer, and they said $350 for the yearly/first year service. I was already planning on changing the engine oil myself this week, which should drop that down to $250. At that point, I'm just going to take it to the dealer for rear drive/transmission/valve clearance/brake fluid check. Wouldn't pay some of the crazy prices folks are being quoted for this service, but as long as it's in warranty, a few hundred bucks a year seems fair.

I asked for a software update on my annual service, got it, and was billed $65 for it.

Is that out of line?
I would say they need to charge something for their time rather than the software itself. I never had an electrically advanced motorcycle before so I can’t comment on past experiences

I asked for a software update on my annual service, got it, and was billed $65 for it.

Is that out of line?
I didn't even think to ask for a software upgrade; I guess they would had just performed it during the warranty work of my headlight replacement. I didn't see any notes regarding a software upgrade on the work order; with that said, I haven't had any issues with my Model B, where I feel like I need a software upgrade. I would be interested in any upgrades and or enhancements made to the TFT system.

Questions:
What version of software did you have?
What's the new software version?
What model bike do you have?
Note any enhancements?

I didn't even think to ask for a software upgrade; I guess they would had just performed it during the warranty work of my headlight replacement. I didn't see any notes regarding a software upgrade on the work order; with that said, I haven't had any issues with my Model B, where I feel like I need a software upgrade. I would be interested in any upgrades and or enhancements made to the TFT system.

Questions:
Note any enhancements?

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpeg
    IMG_0618.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26

Questions:
Note any enhancements?
I just had the software updated on my TC yesterday 11/2/23 the latest version is 13.14.20 I did not have any navigation issues on my 55 mile trip home from the dealership, whereas before the update the map would drop out and only text directions would be on the display. Only time will tell if this is a reliable fix, so far so good.

I put the attached PDF together for performing the following Annual or 6K interval scheduled maintenance:
  • Air Filter Replacement
  • Engine Case Oil Filter and Oil Fluid Change 4.0 L or 4*(1.0L Bottles)
  • Transmission Oil Change 1.15 L or 2*(500 mL Bottles) + 150 mL Measured Note: Three (3) bottles will cover Transmission & Rear-Wheel Drive Oil Fluid Change
  • Rear Wheel Gear Oil Change 210 mL
  • Valve Adjustment 0.2 mm - 0.3 mm

Part 1 - Lifting the R18 using the Kern-Stabi

Part 2 - Replacing the Air Filter

Part 3 - Rear-Wheel Drive Service

Part 4 - Transmission Fluid Change

Part 5 - Engine Oil Filter and Oil Change (Kern-Stabi X518)

I updated the attached PDF (2023 August 26) with contributions from forum members Ulrich and Cornel:
fantastic job sir.....thank you!!

I posted two How-To YT videos (at least I think I posted them, as I'm not actually sure or good at this stuff)

Part 1 - Lifting the R18 using the Kern-Stabi

Part 2 - Replacing the Air Filter
Excellent and informative! Thanks for taking the time and effort to post these. Just had oil and oil filter replaced by a local non-BMW dealer and, having now watched your video, will do the air filter myself in next few days. Thanks once more.

Back