R18 B & Transcontinental TFT firmware update?

I have found the Maps feature to be fairly stable, I do make sure to start the app on my phone and turn the helmet Bluetooth before starting the motorcycle. My issue is that with Map mode enabled I am no longer able to skip songs in the media player. I am using Sportify app on a pixel 5. It did work one time when I did not have map mode enabled but I have not been able to reproduce. Any ideas on how to be able to skip songs in the media player?
It’s always been an either or function for me. The wonder wheel only controls the active function. You can use a split screen with the map on the side then run the media player to control volume and tracks. It would be nice if there was a way to control to tell the bike which function to control on the split screen view.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I will try starting the media player after the map is up and running to see if the media player will keep control.

So after 3 months I am still having a small issue with the tft phone hook up. First the good, the radio and phone work well through phone tft and helmut. Not happy that the radio dropping out every now and then but I rarely use it and I have not had any phone issues. The Nav works well and is easy to set up. My only problem is that I can not hear the turns in the helmut. It's very faint and I can barely hear at a stop. I have tried a few things but nothing is working. Phone and radio are very loud and I can adjust with the helmut controls, but not the Nav. I am planning a few trips this summer and would like to be able to hear the commands, especially when there is a long time between turns.

The AM/FM antenna is a patch style; which is located on the left side (clutch side) under the front fairing (see attached picture - white color patch).

TFT
I had to enable the BMW Connect and my music (YT and Prime) app to run in the background; I typically start my music first, then I start the BMW Connect app and place it into the cell phone cradle.

I then turn-on my bike and start it; the music typically is "paused", I have to move to the Media player menu in order to start playing my music.

I then switch to the Navigation menu and see the map view; my process has been very reliable since owning the bike. I found the TFT to be wonky if I launch the BMW Connect app after starting the bike.Screenshot_20230502-074100.png

What do your navigation settings in the app look like? This is from my iPhone.

View attachment 9830
Hi Rambler, from Avoid highways to Issue spoken instructions even during telephone calls is the same. My then says, Audio stream: Use "Phone" to adjust the volume of spoken instructions independently of the music volume. Alternatively, use "Music" if you encounter problems playing spoken instructions. Then I can choose Phone or Music. I have Phone turned on. Then Frequency of spoken instructions I chose Medium and I do not have a volume to the current media volume setting, and lastly TEST VOLUME. Thanks for the quick response.

Hi Rambler, from Avoid highways to Issue spoken instructions even during telephone calls is the same. My then says, Audio stream: Use "Phone" to adjust the volume of spoken instructions independently of the music volume. Alternatively, use "Music" if you encounter problems playing spoken instructions. Then I can choose Phone or Music. I have Phone turned on. Then Frequency of spoken instructions I chose Medium and I do not have a volume to the current media volume setting, and lastly TEST VOLUME. Thanks for the quick response.
Today I did a full disconnect from the bike the phone and helmet. I reinstalled everything and so far so good. I will be out riding Sunday and hoping all is well. Thanks for the help earlier.

What is the most current software version out there? Thinking of buying a 2022 R18 B and want to know what version I should ask them to update to, before I take delivery.

Newest software I had installed 11/2/23 is 013-14-20 no issues to report as yet. My TC was several software versions behind and navigation was very hit & miss using an iPhone SE 2020. So far so good.

Back