R18 Front Wheel Stand?

Rambler358

I have a Pitbull front wheel stand that worked great on my previous R1200RT and K1600 Grand America. However, that stand is too narrow for my R18. Anyone know of a front wheel stand that will work?

Hello,

I have the same for my R18. It's very well.
@+

Last edited:
I use a Condor wheel dock with my R18 Classic.

I do use a Pitbull front stand on my S1000R. Is the goal something to lift the front wheel off the ground, or just steady the bike like a wheel chock? My Pitbull has a lot of adjustment where it mounts to the suspension fork, so it does have some way to expand it, though I've not personally tested it on the R18.

Hello,

I have the same for my R18. It's very well.
Thanks, but I need a stand that allows me to rotate the front wheel, not a wheel chock.

Thanks, but I need a stand that allows me to rotate the front wheel, not a wheel chock.
I just checked on my Pitbull front stand I have the S1000R on. It is about 10.5" wide where the red grips hold the bottom of the fork. I measured my R18 distance across the forks & it is also about 10.5". I have the hybrid front stand: https://www.pit-bull.com/hybrid-forklift-motorcycle-front-stand-f0100-100. It is setup as a forklift version, so the red feet go under the ends of the front forks to lift the front of the bike. I have the rear stand on the S1000R as well, as you need both to be stable.

What part of your existing Pitbull stand is too narrow on the R18?

I just checked on my Pitbull front stand I have the S1000R on. It is about 10.5" wide where the red grips hold the bottom of the fork. I measured my R18 distance across the forks & it is also about 10.5". I have the hybrid front stand: https://www.pit-bull.com/hybrid-forklift-motorcycle-front-stand-f0100-100. It is setup as a forklift version, so the red feet go under the ends of the front forks to lift the front of the bike. I have the rear stand on the S1000R as well, as you need both to be stable.

What part of your existing Pitbull stand is too narrow on the R18?
Yep, that’s the same stand I have. The red grips that go under the fork are too narrow for the R18.

Yep, that’s the same stand I have. The red grips that go under the fork are too narrow for the R18.
Do you have a picture to show how it isn’t fitting? My rough measurement shows it should be fine. Only way I can imagine is the sheer size of the fork might be large sitting on the red feet. When you say narrow I’m thinking the width between the feet, which my rough measurements seem to match.

Do you have a picture to show how it isn’t fitting? My rough measurement shows it should be fine. Only way I can imagine is the sheer size of the fork might be large sitting on the red feet. When you say narrow I’m thinking the width between the feet, which my rough measurements seem to match.
Sorry, no picture. Any by narrow, I'm referring to the red rubber covers that go under the forks. You should be able to see for yourself if you have the Pitbull front stand and a R18. It "almost" fits, but it's too narrow by maybe a 1/4".

I emailed Pitbull a few months and they replied that they hadn’t seen an R18 in person yet. But they said they take measurements at the winter bike shows and they would put the R18 on their list.
They said they try to incorporate items in their parts bin to adapt their stands to new models. If that works they can usually offer an adapter reasonably quickly. If they need to fabricate adapters a low production bike like the R18 would be down on the priority list.

Sorry, no picture. Any by narrow, I'm referring to the red rubber covers that go under the forks. You should be able to see for yourself if you have the Pitbull front stand and a R18. It "almost" fits, but it's too narrow by maybe a 1/4".
I hadn’t tried to mount it as the S1000R is using the front stand for the winter. Eyeballing it with a tape measure showed it was close, so I can see how it would be a small difference. I’ll try it on mine in the spring.

Perhaps an alternative option is some of the center lift stands. The would lift the bike so both front and rear tires are off the ground to allow them to rotate as needed. https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig....int-protection/Mounting-stand-rear-front.html

Yes, I know. I only got the rear stand thinking that my front stand would work before actually checking. Kind of late to get the Hornig front-rear stand now though.

Back