R18B Front Fender on a Classic

I received the front fender from the R18B today PN 46617924616, almost a month after I ordered it which isn't too bad considering it came from Germany. Installation wasn't bad but the T40 screws that attach the fender on to the lower fork are a bitch to get at without removing the front wheel & they use a bunch of lock tight. I did have to drop the brake caliper. I replaced the T40 screws with SS 8M 1.25 x 20mm bolts with lock & flat washers when I installed the new R18B fender. I have to take it off again to get it pin striped & I can actually get a wrench on the bolts. Here is the result on the Classic, I really like it.
I am seriously thinking of going down this route but I have never seen an R18B. Is it the same as on the Transcontinental or is it a little longer ?.

I am seriously thinking of going down this route but I have never seen an R18B. Is it the same as on the Transcontinental or is it a little longer ?.
I have the TC also; as per BMW it's the same as for the Bagger, except the TC has the chromed extra's. Based on what I can see at the dealer, dimensions are the same (they say).
If I get my pin-striping fixed, locally, it will be installed beginning april...

did he also spray the total fender afterwards? And what was the total cost? I am going over to a friend this saturday; the painter dit a stripe job on is R26... see how that looks
Good idea having a look first at the quality of work. They are hard to do properly freehand. I have seen some taped and they look excellent as well. Spacing is important.

I don't have a code, but they are not white. However, given their distance apart they can be matched quite easily. Typically pinstripes are not cleared afterwords.

Good idea having a look first at the quality of work. They are hard to do properly freehand. I have seen some taped and they look excellent as well. Spacing is important.

I don't have a code, but they are not white. However, given their distance apart they can be matched quite easily. Typically pinstripes are not cleared afterwords.
thanks... I will take a few pictures of the R26 job... spacing and stripe size... measured on the rear fender centre rear above the liscence plate... the fender is a bit squared there, so not measured from the edge but from the bend line (just look at it; tou 'll see) roughly 26 mm from that bend line, first stripe 5mm wide, spacing of 2.5mm and second stripe 2,5 / 3 mm

Attachments

• IMG_20220216_131726.jpg
    IMG_20220216_131726.jpg
    948.5 KB · Views: 11
thanks... I will take a few pictures of the R26 job... spacing and stripe size... measured on the rear fender centre rear above the liscence plate... the fender is a bit squared there, so not measured from the edge but from the bend line (just look at it; tou 'll see) roughly 26 mm from that bend line, first stripe 5mm wide, spacing of 2.5mm and second stripe 2,5 / 3 mm
Bmw pinstriping goes way back and is a point of pride for owners. BMW stuff is hand done and done well. Most metro area with a BMW club has someone who knows someone who does pinstriping for/on vintage rides. Check around. Quality guys exist most everywhere. Don't go with a hack with a paintbrush. You can't unsee poor work. GL.

Last edited:
I went through a much cheaper option :

My previous post about it:

Last edited:
I went through a much cheaper option :

My previous post about it:

did that fit without modifications?? any pictures of it on your bike?

Back