Reverse

Anyone else have issues getting bike into reverse ? Occasionally all the rocking and short rolls front and back doesn’t seem to help getting it into reverse.

I suspect having reverse on a big motorcycle is a lot like microwaves, A/C and cruise control. You can go your whole life without that stuff with no problem. However, as soon as you get one there's no going back (pun intended). That's how I feel about heated seats in my truck. I'm never going back.

Last edited:
No problems going into reverse but have to rock the bike when coming out of reverse. Those extended levers look like they might be a good investment.

Can't get out of my garage without it !!
Can anyone tell me the difference between the above, ebay, version and this one? (besides price...)

The Ebay Reverse Lever arrived today... had to wake up sleeping beauty to put it on.... looks just fine .. but will add some locktite, on the two small fastner bolts and also on the ball-thread, before I will take it out for a drive

Attachments

• IMG_20211125_153510.jpg
    IMG_20211125_153510.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
Memo to self : I must try it out. Had the bike 6 months now and still not used it yet. I know I should incase I ever need to use it.
Hi Tony
As I mentioned, it is really very good once used to it. In order to get back out of reverse (lever feels jammed) I have to rock the bike forward with the brakes on. After a single push forward it slips back to normal with no hassle.

No problems here. I installed one of these little beauties and it make it drop into reverse better.

View attachment 2956
From the pictures I’ve seen of these installed, it looks like it will block access to the DIN port - can anyone confirm?

From the pictures I’ve seen of these installed, it looks like it will block access to the DIN port - can anyone confirm?
not on mine.... i will take a picture with the charger cable plugged in...... pictures added...
as you can see from the top view, the lever can be adjusted a bit sideways, to stay clear of the left cover

Attachments

• IMG_20211125_153510.jpg
    IMG_20211125_153510.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20211204_103707.jpg
    IMG_20211204_103707.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20211204_103716.jpg
    IMG_20211204_103716.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Back