Rock or Roll?

Roll mode in town and rock when I want to have fun.
I like idle in rock mode, but find it a bit too crisp to go between cars in traffic

SUNUVAGUN! Now THAT does sound like a good reason to use a softer, gentler mode. Splitting lanes, especially with an opposed engine, does take some special care.

And here we are. Do you like my $27,000 belt? Came with a free r18!

Nice belt. I think that I have a similar one.
But... $27K? Is that after including taxes and financing? Granted, it's expensive. But DANG! Maybe you meant to say Euros?

Last edited:
Sure is. As stupid as it is (and it's REALLY stupid) and as short a life as this dude is likely to live...it's hard not to admit that there is some skill there... Then again, he probably had it in Roll mode, so I'm sure it was much safer than it appears :)

Sure is. As stupid as it is (and it's REALLY stupid) and as short a life as this dude is likely to live...it's hard not to admit that there is some skill there... Then again, he probably had it in Roll mode, so I'm sure it was much safer than it appears :)
Agreed - award warranting highly skilled misapplication - Darwin Awards: Evolution In Action. The problem is that clowns like this are more likely to cause someone else to be killed than lose their own lives. And potentially more than once, possibly without even realising it, or caring, or ever having their license number recorded and reported. Strange Cosmos. He might well outlive us all.

Last edited:
Agreed - award warranting highly skilled misapplication - Darwin Awards: Evolution In Action. The problem is that clowns like this are more likely to cause someone else to be killed than lose their own lives. And potentially more than once, possibly without even realising it, or caring, or ever having their license number recorded and reported. Strange Cosmos. He might well outlive us all.
Good points made, regarding the creep's endangering other folks. But if we knew his name and could track his antics & longevity, I'd place a bet against odds that he will have a mishap that changes his habits or simply comes to an abrupt end.

Just in the interest of light conversation:
Do you prefer to ride on Rock or Roll mode?

I toggle between the two, but I mostly "Roll". I enjoy a quite smooth cruising style ride. I think that is the type of ride the R18 1st Edition is intended for. That is open road, 45 mph, sunny 70F e6c. From time to time, I do like to do a more spirited ride and take advantage of the torque. But for the most part, I Roll.
I must say though, I may have some kind of deep insecurity, as I do catch my self switching "Rock" when other bikes are around. 😳
Me 2 mine behaves better in roll I also switch to rock when other bikes about

Rock, why the hell not, I’ve only had my R18 for three weeks and it’s predominantly in Rock, it’s unique to the machine and reminds me of all the other vibrating twins I’ve owned….some worse than others……

Back