RSD cylinder head covers

Gilles

Premium Member
Got my RSD cylinder head covers last Saturday.
Rather expensive even after 10% customer discount, but very nice looking.

Soon on the bike !

Attachments

• Carter culasse.jpg
    Carter culasse.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Yeah, of all the countless iterations of R18’s I conjured up in the website’s build tool, they pretty much all had those covers. I’m looking forward to seeing actual photographs!

It can't get much simpler, with just two screws to attach them. And they ARE pretty. If I get a pair the manufacturers ad will be deleted though. I don't believe in free advertising and when the product is so expensive, I sure as heck will remove the RSD advertising.

RSD valve cover pieces.jpg

I agree, but it is impossible to delete the RSD ads, they are machined in the cover !!

I'll paint them black, thus they will be less visible

RSD ads now painted with epoxy paint.
Not an easy job, the letters are engraved in the cover grooves.

Installed on the existing cover using the 2 screws, perfect fit.

Really nice, the cylinders seem even bigger.
I'll make pictures of the complete bike as soon as the rain stops here.

Carter culasse (1).jpg Carter culasse (4).jpg

A look under the right cover

Carter culasse (2).jpg

I installed the RSD cylinder head accents and would like some advise on how to paint the script black? Giles you said it wasn’t easy? How did you do it? I was thinking of covering the area with black epoxy paint and the wiping the surface clean leaving the engraved script filled with the paint? Or doing I need to use a tiny brush and try any paint in the engraving?
2D8814AD-1D41-41E0-B5A1-39FCC97C5168.jpeg

I did it with a very tiny brush, wiped the excess smoothly and again with the brush
The problem is when you wipe the surface, the edges of the RSD letters appear again

Here is a quick Photoshop job of what the RSD Cylinder Head Trim strips look like with black oxide bolt heads, and a second version if the fins had been machined without the RSD logo etched in.

RSD_black_screws.jpg

RSD_black_fins.jpg

Last edited:
Back