RSD cylinder head covers

A quick Photoshop job ??? :rolleyes:
You're kidding ! You're pretty good at it !
What's the result if you do it with care ???? šŸ¤£

The black oxyde screws are the way to go here.

Come to think of it... I expect that the screws that attach the trim pieces are M6. Right? What length are they? I might as well put in my order at McMaster-Carr now.
I'm pretty sure that my better-half has ordered the goodies already.
I didn't measure them but, they are either M6x1.00x20mm or 25mm. I think they are 25mm. I found some chrome ones and some black oxide ones at my local Ace Hardware on the "wall of bins".

I do like the black screws, but I would want to replace the SS with the exact same screws except in black. I am not sure what the are not very good with metric.

Come to think of it... I expect that the screws that attach the trim pieces are M6. Right? What length are they? I might as well put in my order at McMaster-Carr now.
I'm pretty sure that my better-half has ordered the goodies already.
If you order them, get enough for me and I will purchase them from you and pay shipping

I like them but I would like to know how to buy them since they are not listed on the RSD website? As a matter of fact they do not list anything for the R18. How is that for marketing?
Just Saying!

I like them but I would like to know how to buy them since they are not listed on the RSD website? As a matter of fact they do not list anything for the R18. How is that for marketing?
Just Saying!
You have to purchase at your BMW dealer or revzilla has them

I did a test with black domed screws lying around in my garage, not sure which I prefer ...

I like the more mechanical look of the RSD chromed screws

Carter culasse (3) vis noires bombƩes.jpg

Agreed. I prefer the OEM RSD stainless hex bolts as well. I poked around for copper bolts to match the vintage roundels on the net. They are available, but at over $7.00 per, I think I'll pass.

CU_allen_bolts.jpg

I knew I had some copper leaf paint in my hobby room, so I hit some black oxide allen bolts with a bit of the paint. It picks up the vintage vibe. I can always put the SS OEM bolts back it if the paint wears off.

Cylinder_copper_bolts_sm.jpg

Back