Seat Swap

WaydeG

Im going to upgrade the stock seat on my Classic but can't ind the right part No. for the seat that is an inch or so taller. I've looked at (and like the look of) the Roland Sands fastback seat on eBay and it says its a two part seat? Is it stock height or higher/lower?

Im not loving the day rider but could be convinced. The Mustang seat on my previous Road Glide was pretty comfy. Thoughts?

7F500DFC-9987-46AD-AF23-902295055C6A.jpegCFEA2B0E-2D58-4DBA-B47C-DD7281383659.jpegStock seat on Classic is nearly an inch higher than the stock seat on the Pure. At least reported heights on the Roland Sands and Mustang OEM seats are in between.

I have the Mustang Weekender on my Classic. While it isn’t taller than the stock seat, it is wider and far more supportive. Due to winter conditions where I am, I’ve only got one 70 mile ride on the seat, but that ride alone was much more comfortable than the stock seat.

I’m 6’4” if that helps sizing comparison.

Yep - can confirm that the standard classic seat is the 'tall seat' option that is available for the standard R18, it's a little less than an inch taller.

If you want more plush, weekender / cross country (or some other manufacturer option) is the way to go.

Before you worry about the seat though - make sure you have the rear suspension set correctly for your weight. It makes a huge difference to how comfortable you percieve the standard seat to be!

The other thing I have found that impacts the seat comfort, is what bike you normally ride. I'm coming from a Honda CB1000R, and in comparison the R18 classic on the standard seat is pure luxury!

Anyone aware of, or have insight on a replacement seat that allows you to sit back farther (vs taller) to open up the riding position?
Unless you swap out a different rear fender, any seat that would move further back would also have to go taller since the stock seat is as far back as it can without climbing up the rear fender. Alternatively if you remove some foam from the stock seat, you could perhaps shape it a bit further back with the tradeoff of less cushion. If you do move further back, you may need to consider the handlebars since without any changes there, sitting further back would require more forward lean to reach them

Im going to upgrade the stock seat on my Classic but can't ind the right part No. for the seat that is an inch or so taller. I've looked at (and like the look of) the Roland Sands fastback seat on eBay and it says its a two part seat? Is it stock height or higher/lower?

Im not loving the day rider but could be convinced. The Mustang seat on my previous Road Glide was pretty comfy. Thoughts?
A Russell Day Long will put a quick and very comfy stop to your seat dilemma. The best...

Consider Corbin.
I have the dual touring one.
At least 2' higher.
They are bespoke built.
You choose the height, colors etc...
Not the cheapest, but just perfect comfort, and nicely built.
View attachment 4418
Is that a Corbin on a R 18B? I called them today they said the mounting location was different from the original R18 and they did not have one available yet. Did you have to modify the mounting location?

Is anyone also curious as to why there is no cross-country seat option for the B or TC? I made the error of purchasing the tall "comfort" seat and my back side is very disappointed.

Back