So mine makes a whistling noise and a squeal at varying speeds. Anyone else?

So i have about 2k miles on my R18 Classic...
Since I bought it, i get two distinct noises:
  1. I get a whistling noise which sounds like it comes from my windshield mounting hardware.
  2. I also get a squealing noise that comes from somewhere around my front ABS.
I tried thru the dealer who sold it to me (sigh, palm bay, florida) but the salesmen told me he would look into getting my problem resolved twice and NEVER called me back.
I recently moved to the Tampa Bay area and my local BMW dealer took it once for my initial service, looked into the issue and said they heard nothing.
Took it again at my insistance (and they are a REALLY GOOD bunch of guys) but heard nothing special again.
So I called BMW and they supported me bringing back yet again to my Tampa dealer who could not hear the noise.
Can't hear it, can't fix it. I get that. But my Lord I hear both noises so loud sometimes its hard to hear the engine.

Well, I have to tell you...I get a whistling noise out of my front end hardware (mounting brackets? Windshield?) I honestly can't pin it down but it is extremely noticeable.
I have covered my entire front end in cellophane hoping to isolate the issue which i was unsuccessful at doing.

The squealing sound actually sounds like a break retaining clip on my front ABS...it used to be applying the break did not make it go away, but recently it has.

IS ANYONE ELSE experiencing similar issues? WHISTLING and SQUEALING?

BMW still gets high praise and a referral when people ask me how is the bike.
But my patience is wearing thin and this week I may just take apart my front breaks...

Anybody? ANYBODY?

No such noises on my bike. What helmet are you wearing?
Florida here. No helmet. Clear as day and as clear as day to people around me in cars that I pass. That's how loud these noises are.
I am positive this is not the fuel pump whine people are speaking about. I may try to record it this week if I can find a way not to die doing so. :)

Are these people in cars actually talking to you while you are riding????
No Helmet?
There is your problem.
Ever heard of "ATGATT"

Last edited:
Nope. No whistling here, but I wear a full face helmet and ear plugs too so, really, she may be whistling like a mockingbird for all I know.

/a small mockingbird
//a mockingbirdito maybe
///three slashies for good luck

Last edited:
Have a look here:

45 yard?
So, do these people in cars actually talk to you?
And, if there is such a whistling noise, how do you hear them?
Have you signed the donor section of your drivers license?
There are plenty of people who need a kidney.
By the way, we do hear the "squeal".

Last edited:
Have a look here:
thanks for this, I just do not believe it is the infamous fuel pump whine, but I will definitely bring this up with my dealer. Squeal def sounds like a brake pad retaining clip...no scarring of the rotors so things are mechanically fine. Whistling, I think, is windshield mounting hardware related but as I mentioned, covering my entire front end with saran-wrap didnt alleviate the issue.
But I will definitely look into the PUMA mentioned.
You guys are great. Thank you!

Have the same squeal sound on my 2022 TC. I have about 2K on the bike now. Some times the noise is there and other time it's not.
But defiantly from the front brakes mainly when I apply foot pedal and hand lever or foot pedal alone.

Try slightly touching your brakes when you hear that noise ... mine did that too .. but the noise disappeared when I just slightly put on the brakes ... btw my rear brake really squeals anyway ...

I had a whistle coming from my HD Roadglide at 60 mph. So I bought a piece of chrome bling for the headlamp and that solved the problem.

Back