TC display: Speed Limit sign in kilometers?

valkraider

Site Supporter
I am trying to search the forum, but "kph" is too short, and I am not getting a lot of hits for speed limit that seem relevant. Sorry if this has been discussed before!

Anyone know why my "speed limit" indicator on my 23 Transcontinental is showing the speed limit in Kilometers? All of my units are imperial/american in both my phone connected app and on the bike. Everything shows correctly except the speed limit signs.

I mean, it does make me nostalgic for driving in Europe - but it's not really relevant herein the Wild Wild West. :)

Well, that helps a little (and the fact that search for "speed limit" didn't find the "speed limits" that is in that thread is annoying - there are so many thins that we may search for that may be singular and plural, so now I know to try both!)

My problem is this - first, since I have the American version UNITS : SPEED is not a setting in my menu (which I verified). BUT - my speedo and all the other places speed is used in my display - is showing correctly in MPH. It is literally *only* the speed limits signs that are showing in kilometers.

Hmm.

Well, I guess I will ask the dealer what is up.

I assume you mean the speed given in the small square next to the digital speed
reading. This figure comes from the map info in the connected app. Check in the
connected app on your phone & see if there is an option to change the units to
MPH. Under app settings there is a distance setting with the option for km or
miles.

It is set correctly in the app.

I got confirmation from BMW it is a defect in version 5.1.0 of the Connected app.

Thanks for contacting BMW Motorrad USA regarding the speed limit notices showing in the wrong measurement unit on your motorcycle. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Our BMW Motorrad Connected team is aware of these issues and are currently working to release a fix as soon as possible. I apologize again for the difficulties.

Should you need to contact BMW Motorrad Customer Relations and Services again, you can reach us at 1-800-831-1117 Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. ET and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET.

Thanks again for taking the time to write us.

Kind regards,

Matthew
BMW Motorrad USA
Representative

MAKE LIFE A RIDE.

FEEL EVERYTHING, FEAR NOTHING.
Build your own bike at www.bmwmotorcycles.com.

Back