Today is the day the R18 died.

I feel you. I bought mine to return to a raw, as throwbacky as possible bike. But the new ones are nice, the big fairings and such arent my thing but everything is pinstriped like the old vedder days.

Reactions: avi
Man, Black Dog must really be upset. He usually puts together some pithy intellectual response that has me running to the dictionary or looking up obscure references.

I agree, I hate it. I less hate the hard bags though....at least the black ones as shown in R2K's post.

Man, Black Dog must really be upset. He usually puts together some pithy intellectual response that has me running to the dictionary or looking up obscure references.

I agree, I hate it. I less hate the hard bags though....at least the black ones as shown in R2K's post.
Just a cheap copy of the Honda Shadow which is a copy of the Harley, holy sheet.
If you want a freaking Harley, have the balls to buy a freaking Harley, for Fkks sake.

I've seen but not owned or ridden an R18. They appear to be very nice and well made. It also appears BMW is going down the road that Polaris did with Victory. Build a basic platform and engine, sell it to enthusiasts, then develop and expand the configurations hoping to catch more fish. They're undoing was too much variety and overpricing instead of supporting the basic models with post-build upgrades. Eventually they cut the residual value legs (and other parts nearby) off the line by offering steep pricing discounts to promote lagging sales. Finally their support dwindled and the Indian line replaced them. Unsold inventory has a way of eventually causing problems for dealers even if the builder floors the bikes for some time.

Back