Vintage Copper Tank Emblems

I'm a bit 'meh' about the copper emblems tbh. I have a set of 3x of them still in the first edition box (along with the other fluff) - if someone offered me a nice sum, I would part with the lot.

I'm in the UK btw.

well, if you look at my profile pic... sorry mine are not available. Funny story; the BMW truck demo guys didnt know they existed and were really knocked out by them on my bike :) It honestly does make the bike and when I look at the extra money I paid to have a first edition R18 I look at those badges and say "worth it." :). Also, when you get yours... the first thing a friend noticed is I did not have the screws uniformly horizontal. For the best look, make sure you do that. Anyway, they look perfect on the bike.
Can confirm

Attachments

• E38CE6F6-2152-416F-8682-F4AB51547A2D.png
    E38CE6F6-2152-416F-8682-F4AB51547A2D.png
    12.1 MB · Views: 18
I'm a bit 'meh' about the copper emblems tbh. I have a set of 3x of them still in the first edition box (along with the other fluff) - if someone offered me a nice sum, I would part with the lot.

I'm in the UK btw.
I was just offered $500 for my roundels from the guy on eBay.

That's just crazy. I think I saw that advert on eBay last week asking $800 for 3x roundels - now it wants $1200.

Unbeleivable.
I thought about selling mine to that guy but, I'll probably just keep them...

Figured it might be you selling roundels's on Ebay at that price for a bit of a wind up.
If you will pay that much, go for.
If you were looking for a picture of the roundels, here they are.
I have my own. And fabricate my own parts to look and perform as I want them to.
And for a fraction or what the store bought shinny doodads cost, and did I mention they are custom fabricated to look and function exactly as I want them to.

R18 D.jpg

Last edited:
I am looking at the picture of what I assume is your bike, and I'm in disbelief.
I can't believe someone would buy a gorgeous R18 only to turn it into something that appears to be just a parody of the original bike.
I bet that even the rear tire shares my view.. What a waste!
P.S. I am aware of the saying that the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, yet there are rules in nature that must be followed in pursuit of the esthetic and beauty.

I am looking at the picture of what I assume is your bike, and I'm in disbelief.
I can't believe someone would buy a gorgeous R18 only to turn it into something that appears to be just a parody of the original bike.
I bet that even the rear tire shares my view.. What a waste!
P.S. I am aware of the saying that the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, yet there are rules in nature that must be followed in pursuit of the esthetic and beauty.
What are you referring to?

well it seems like the seller has 3 sets. One is off the bike and the two sets are new. Now, asking reasonable price. guess no takers for the markup

Might be willing to trade for a set of BMW bags and mounts, rear seat back rest, plus a RSD gas cap then we might be able to talk :) lol.

Course I have to pick mine up mid-Sept first :)
Can meet me at the bmwra rally if wanted...bring the goods and come alone.

Might be willing to trade for a set of BMW bags and mounts, rear seat back rest, plus a RSD gas cap then we might be able to talk :) lol.

Course I have to pick mine up mid-Sept first :)
Can meet me at the bmwra rally if wanted...bring the goods and come alone.
You should just trade your bike to someone for a classic…

Back