WalzWerks Bobber Kit, finally

Looking at the electrical error code that you are getting; I'm guessing you replaced the stock tail light and directionals? If so, can you measure the resistance of the stock lights with an Ohm meter; compare the stock resistance with the resistance of the lights provided as part of the kit?

The ECU is probably measuring current draw (Amps) in order to determine if a bulb has failed; this is pretty common when upgrading from incandescent bulbs to LED type bulbs. LED draw much less current, than a traditional incandescent bulb; where the computer thinks it's an OPEN circuit or a blow out bulb.
Thanks, Scott, that makes sense. My Walzwerk kit came with a resistor that I never bothered to connect. I guess this is why I have the error message. I will connect it and see if it gets rid of the message. ;-)

Thanks, Scott, that makes sense. My Walzwerk kit came with a resistor that I never bothered to connect. I guess this is why I have the error message. I will connect it and see if it gets rid of the message. ;-)
That's probably it... It will most likely match the expected resistive load that the ECU is looking for, based on the resistance of the stock tail lights.

Can you tell what the value of that resistor is? ... I am looking at converting my front turn signals to Kellerman lights and am running into a similar issue.

Can you tell what the value of that resistor is? ... I am looking at converting my front turn signals to Kellerman lights and am running into a similar issue.
If you don't have a Volt Ohm Multi Meter, the resistor might have the value stamped on it, or perhaps colored bands which can be used to convert the resistive value. If so, post a picture of the resistor.

Now now, different strokes, eye of the beholder, etc.

Anyhow, License plate installation option. I jacked up the frame until the rear wheel was off the ground to confirm that the muffler and plate didn't collide.There's about a quarter inch. I would've preferred it oriented vertically but it's just too close.

View attachment 3794
About to order my bobber kit from Walzwerk. Can you please confirm if the licence plate kit is from them also. It looks different than yours. If it's not where did you get it? I love it. More pics and/or vid on install to have it sit so tight would be much appreciated! thank you!

if you look at this bike that wunderlich did they say they just added a 200 /60 / 16 tire to the bobber kit they sell so I should be able to add that tire to my stock rim and get the waltz works kit I would think with out the rim upgrade

https://www.rescogs.com/2021/07/new-wunderlich-rockbob-bmw-r-18-concept-bike/
Did you ever mount the 200/60/16 on your stock rim? Did you confirm that the stock 16” rim is 5.5” width? Does it look wider than the 180? The BMW motorcycle dealer in Charleston, SC, said that I wouldn’t benefit with stock rim because the narrow rim will pull the sidewalls in. Your thoughts please🙏

I wired up mine exactly like this and everything is functioning correctly in RED inc turn signals and hazards but the amber lights are not coming on at all only red. There has to be something I'm missing. My Walzwerk kit came with ZERO instructions or wiring diagrams. I emailed them and they replied that all there kits come with info and that I can refer to their website for more info? haha! Ok. I did a bit of digging and found this vid in Austria and the guy got full colour instructions and resistors in the kit. hmm? Walzwerk have an issue with us North Americans or what? Any advice would help? Here is the vid where this guys "Blickers" are working correctly, Red for brake lights and orange for turn sigs/hazards. 16 min mark of vid. Anyone speak German/Austrian?

Did you wire resistors as pictured in the video? So mine came with a couple resistors and basically no instructions. I emailed with questions and was told, nicely, to take a hike. I persisted and was reminded that the US version's canbus was weird and that a specialty shop had to do the install. I and another member worked at it for a while and we got to basically where you are: it works, but not as intended. The running and brake lights work, the turn signals blink, but in red, and there's an error light on the dash which, thankfully, goes away when you start riding. That's as far as tinkering got us. Maybe the resistor placement is a break-through?

Did you say this plate conversion came with the Walzwerk bobber kit? I'm on their site but can only see the Euro plate option. Do you have a link to the kit you initially bought? I like your setup. Is that how it came out of box or did you have to add the US plate brkt? Also the licence lamp in the upper right hole. Nice touch.
Nah, I made it from an aluminum right angle and a bunch of trial and error. Happy to post more photos if you're still interested.
Nate

Back