WalzWerks Bobber Kit, finally

Looks good, just not very comfortable, but then, like mine, just for riding around the neighborhood comfort is not the primary concern of a bobber..
Still got those dead fish following much too close, I have Brody's number should you decide on a smaller boat.

Very nice and unique setup you have put together!

How were the installation instructions from Walzwerk? I am part way through installing their exhaust setup and the ‘manual’ was not at all intuitive (at least for someone with minimal experience at wrenching). I am considering installing this same Bobber KIt next, but without a step by step guide I am concerned if I will struggle….

Very nice and unique setup you have put together!

How were the installation instructions from Walzwerk? I am part way through installing their exhaust setup and the ‘manual’ was not at all intuitive (at least for someone with minimal experience at wrenching). I am considering installing this same Bobber KIt next, but without a step by step guide I am concerned if I will struggle….

The instructions are not great but there aren’t a lot of ways to go astray with the parts. I’m happy to help. If you pm me your email I can forward the instructions.

FYI There are no instructions concerning muffler and wheel removal, but that’s readily available from BMW and intuitive. After that, there are no special tools or weird implements.

Bottom line is it’s not difficult BUT there are issues with the electricals which need to be sorted so more to come

The other day I rode a solid 200 miles on the new saddle. One break. Lots of fantastic twisties up here on the coast of Oregon. Beautiful smooth road and a nice, albeit chilly, day. Man, I do enjoy this bike...
There's about 2 inches of play In the positioning of the saddle. I have it set as far forward as possible. This is actually not how I imagined things (figured it would be set as far back as it could go) but being comfortable with the handlebars necessitated the more forward position. I'm a long-armed, long-torso, relatively shorter (32") inseam, 6'1", for reference.
Well, that said, I'm happy to report that it's comfortable enough for the type of riding which I enjoy: 70-100 miles. Stop to whiz. 70-100 miles. Stop for a coke. 70-100 miles. Stop for lunch. Etc. It's heads and shoulders better than the oem saddle. As I recall, I HAD to stop about every 60-70 miles because my arse was distractingly sore and I had numbness in the inner thighs too. Simultaneously numb and in pain 😬. But it's probably 10% worse than the Fastback saddle I used for awhile. The difference isn't so much in the padding, but in the feeling of support. The bobber saddle is a flat little bugger. Doesn't, shall we say, cradle, the behind very much.
The seat drops the ride height probably 1.5-2 inches. This could be a concern for folks taller, or longer legged, than myself. It's right at the extreme for me. My thighs went from parallel with the ground to angled slightly skyward. It's not uncomfortable but it's also not likely sustainable for 100's of miles.

Now I need to work on the electronic error thing on the dash. Gr8adv! How'd you get yours to not show that error??

8EC39CF2-F393-4103-BAB8-9B37325949B5.jpeg
E32DCDDC-F7DB-4C82-B32D-7AAAB76D561B.jpeg

Last edited:
The other day I rode a solid 200 miles on the new saddle. One break. Lots of fantastic twisties up here on the coast of Oregon. Beautiful smooth road and a nice, albeit chilly, day. Man, I do enjoy this bike...
There's about 2 inches of play In the positioning of the saddle. I have it set as far forward as possible. This is actually not how I imagined things (figured it would be set as far back as it could go) but being comfortable with the handlebars necessitated the more forward position. I'm a long-armed, long-torso, relatively shorter (32") inseam, 6'1", for reference.
Well, that said, I'm happy to report that it's comfortable enough for the type of riding which I enjoy: 70-100 miles. Stop to whiz. 70-100 miles. Stop for a coke. 70-100 miles. Stop for lunch. Etc. It's heads and shoulders better than the oem saddle. As I recall, I HAD to stop about every 60-70 miles because my arse was distractingly sore and I had numbness in the inner thighs too. Simultaneously numb and in pain 😬. But it's probably 10% worse than the Fastback saddle I used for awhile. The difference isn't so much in the padding, but in the feeling of support. The bobber saddle is a flat little bugger. Doesn't, shall we say, cradle, the behind very much.
The seat drops the ride height probably 1.5-2 inches. This could be a concern for folks taller, or longer legged, than myself. It's right at the extreme for me. My thighs went from parallel with the ground to angled slightly skyward. It's not uncomfortable but it's also not likely sustainable for 100's of miles.

Now I need to work on the electronic error thing on the dash. Gr8adv! How'd you get yours to not show that error??

View attachment 5159
View attachment 5160
Nice job. What kind of stand did you use to take the back wheel off ? Just got my bobber kit as well. Thanks.

Nice job. What kind of stand did you use to take the back wheel off ? Just got my bobber kit as well. Thanks.
Front wheel chock (I have a Wheeldock which works great) and a pair of floor jacks positioned under the spot where the mufflers attach.

Or, absent a proper chock, and with just one jack and some ratcheting straps, you can do this:

8F37B306-BB72-47C7-BD10-F1EDB8EFB477.jpeg
EEDF6D42-9B8E-4FFF-BFD9-D31B302CF772.jpeg

Good luck!

I don’t get the Jack issues I keep reading about. I have a front chock (actually the bike sites on a Condor rack.) Pop the heat shields and the scissor Jack fits nicely under to lift both wheels.

Last edited:
Not saying the Corbin seat isn’t comfortable, but I am saying it looks like shit in the bobber configuration. Completely destroys the bobber look!
Wow. If you have an opinion like that so be it but I think you are being offensive, best bite your lip with comments like that and be polite to possibly someone you have never met. I doubt you would tell a person this in person at a meet unless you were a very good friend. The Corbin seat looks much more comfortable.

Does the Walzwerks seat have any comfort in the contact area? What about the seat mounting system, any spring dampening in it? How does it ride? What body weight is recommended for it?

Does the paint color have the nice deep silver sparkles in it that the stock paint has?

Last edited:
Wow. If you have an opinion like that so be it but I think you are being offensive, best bite your lip with comments like that and be polite to possibly someone you have never met. I doubt you would tell a person this in person at a meet unless you were a very good friend. The Corbin seat looks much more comfortable.

Does the Walzwerks seat have any comfort in the contact area? What about the seat mounting system, any spring dampening in it? How does it ride? What body weight is recommended for it?

Does the paint color have the nice deep silver sparkles in it that the stock paint has?
Because you are new here, and have zero idea of the history behind some of the historical dialogue on this site, you wouldn’t understand. My comment was directed at a former member who liked to mix it up on this forum. I was just playing along.

The saddle is pretty barebones but not uncomfortable. No springs under the seat. Rides fine. Low. Body weight?….hmmmm I’d say 175, no, 170 to 249 pounds.

Yes. Paint matches perfectly. That’s kinda what one expects for $3k, no?

Back