What did you do to your R18 today?

Self explanatory.
Sorry I must be slow today. I was thinking you were talking about a plug such as to fill a hole. i understand now you were talking about an electrical plug such as in connector. In the same thread rear passenger peg attachment holes were written about being plugged with an inexpensive solution from Lowe’s.

Sorry I must be slow today. I was thinking you were talking about a plug such as to fill a hole. i understand now you were talking about an electrical plug such as in connector. In the same thread rear passenger peg attachment holes were written about being plugged with an inexpensive solution from Lowe’s.
Gents and Ladymen, I come before you to sit behind you to tell you something I know nothing about. This Wednesday being Good Friday the ladies are having a meeting for gentlemen only. The admission is free, you pay at the door, you bring your chair and you sit on the floor.

Gents and Ladymen, I come before you to sit behind you to tell you something I know nothing about. This Wednesday being Good Friday the ladies are having a meeting for gentlemen only. The admission is free, you pay at the door, you bring your chair and you sit on the floor.
I don’t understand that, so if you are trying to insult me it didn’t work. I did say I was sorry.

Now line up in a circle and pair off in threes!

So I put the black reflective stickers.
I choosed to keep the OEM underneath to get it reversible, and because I don't know how the surface is when removed.
If It's flat just take them off and put the sticker in place.
Gilles, you removed them so you can tell us.
The stickers width is juuust right.
Length isn't enough so I had to use two of them.
The amber color stays a bit visible on the side. A good reason to remove the amber reflectors.
I'll certainly redo it that way.

And on Ebay:

And Amazon:

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-29 at 15.56.27.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-29 at 15.56.47.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-29 at 15.56.06.jpeg

Last edited:
I removed mine. Finish is the same underneath. Use a little heat to remove more easily than just prying off. I’m loving the black reflectors!

I don’t understand that, so if you are trying to insult me it didn’t work. I did say I was sorry.
What is there to understand? You need no assistance.
Yes, same safety function without the ugly orange color.

Black Dog would say ... Details Details ... :)
Have had the same thing on the back of my R1200RT since 2006, it can be bought in sheets and trimmed to fit. Hell you can cover the whole bike with it if you want. But, details, details.
https://www.rvinyl.com/3M-Scotchlit...tn0-yb9HcJPnH4ts05MlRig_EeMhEfn0aAnryEALw_wcB

Last edited:
Today the BMW Day Rider seat with back rest arrived so it is installed. It has much improved padding on the rear pad over the stock seat, although it won't get used in our case. The drivers seat is just what we hoped for with a more contoured edges and the foam seems to be softer. The quality is very good but I wish it didn't cost so much, $1200 US? Here is what is looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_4103.jpg
    IMG_4103.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4104.jpg
    IMG_4104.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4105.jpg
    IMG_4105.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4106.jpg
    IMG_4106.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4107.jpg
    IMG_4107.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 70
Today the BMW Day Rider seat with back rest arrived so it is installed. It has much improved padding on the rear pad over the stock seat, although it won't get used in our case. The drivers seat is just what we hoped for with a more contoured edges and the foam seems to be softer. The quality is very good but I wish it didn't cost so much, $1200 US? Here is what is looks like.
Very nice - it blends in well too. What about a back-rest for the passenger, though?

Very nice - it blends in well too. What about a back-rest for the passenger, though?
A passenger back rest would be good if you have a passenger. In our case it is not an issue as we prefer to ride our own bikes and never take riders. She rides the R18 and I ride the Indian Chief.

A passenger back rest would be good if you have a passenger. In our case it is not an issue as we prefer to ride our own bikes and never take riders. She rides the R18 and I ride the Indian Chief.
That is great. So, you probably keep the solo racks installed most of the time - which presents very well on both. I have two OEM seat combos for my Indian Chief; a heated double-seat and the original front seat with a solo rack attached. I use the latter when riding it alone, which is not often on the Indian, though. My wife has never been interested in riding on her own. She has been riding pillion with me for forty-four years now. But she will only ride along now when a back-rest is installed.

I intend to install the OEM bobber kit on my R18. I have ordered it, in fact. It is NOT cheap, and I am petrified that the seating position is too far forward and/or too high. This is better IMHO, but the rendering is too industrial again; besides, it will probably cost twice what that OEM kit has shaken me for: https://www.r18forums.com/threads/customs-r18.144/post-2298.

I as well have different seat configurations on my Chief but it seldom changes from the solo set up. I have the stock seat with both driver & passenger back rest which has never been used. I also have a heated solo seat (in Arizona?) with the rear rack that is the primary configuration.

The R18 bobber configuration is cool but just not for me. I have a small garage and so limited on the number of bikes I can have or I might just have a bobber to take out to the local hangouts on a Saturday night. Please post some photos when you get it together.

I am lucky enough to have two double garages and full use of much of my daughter's double garage—all space dedicated to motorbikes and related wrenching activities. My wife's SUV lives under a carport and my van under a tree. I am also fortunate enough to own seventeen motorcycles at present, all running, although at least two will be being worked on at any one time. 17 is an odd, uneven number, I know. I hope to improve on it in this year still, latest 2022 (-:

Is that windshield on the Classic a quick-detachable type, like that on the Chief Vintage, or does one need to remove the entire driving-light-plus-windshield assy if you wish to remove it?

Very cool. And it's nice looking too.
And THIS MORNING (3/31/21) I got a call, only about 10 minutes ago... my "Weekender" seat has arrived at the dealership in Chattanooga. Hot damn! And just a day after my 66th birthday. :)
Finally my bride will be riding behind me on the R18.

Back