What did you do to your R18 today?

I had the good idea to put mine upside down so I could have a try to take them off.
They went out pretty easily.
I've used new exterior 3M double sided "tape" ( looks more like translucid goo) wich seems much stronger.

Last edited:
The front engine cover is really cool looking as garage art. You should put some polished buttonhead screws on the mounting holes to finish it off.
Hmmmm... I have a couple of Indian Thunder Stroke rocker covers in a box... Do you mind if I plagiarize your idea?
Only if you post photos so Gerard can lament his unkept garage...in the South of France!

/in other words, I'll trade ya Gerard. Just say the word.

new fender from DK!
67F3B382-EFFB-4FB3-A44F-E2F402F40DAB.jpeg

I'm toying with removing the stock fork reflectors in lieu of a pair of classic Lucas reflectors. Here's a couple photos. I covered the stock one with electrical tape for the photos. Permanent installation would involve drilling holes, so I need to be sure. What do y'all think? Yay or nay?

88A5F305-EE6F-42D5-8DD5-86207D699BFE.jpeg
and a titch lower

A020DAF7-B124-458E-9750-4AA2B0C74169.jpeg
My favorite look is no reflectors at all, but kids and cell phones, etc.

Last edited:
new fender from DK!
View attachment 968

I'm toying with removing the stock fork reflectors in lieu of a pair of classic Lucas reflectors. Here's a couple photos. I covered the stock one with electrical tape. Permanent installation would involve drilling holes, so I'd like to be sure and am interested in. What do y'all think? Yay or nay?

View attachment 970
and a titch lower

View attachment 969
Nay. Will that tool roll not wallop the new fender, and leave a mark, should you bottom out on a serious bump?

Nay. Will that tool roll not wallop the new fender, and leave a mark, should you bottom out on a serious bump?
i've been looking for a home for those Lucas reflectors for years. Just can't find the right spot. I agree though, a bit much. Regarding the bag, I'm not sure. It would have to be a hell of a shock-compressing bump to bring the two together. I hadn't thought of that. Does anyone else have any fork bag cautionary tales? I can snug the bag up an inch or so. There's about 9 cm between bag and fender now.

Last edited:
Did a little research...The front fork travel is 4.7 inches. If I tighten the fork bag straps I get about 4.5 inches between bag and fender. Acceptable as long as I keep an eye on it for sag. BUT I ordered the WalzWerk headlamp lowering bracket which reportedly drops the lamp 20mm. There's no room captain! Dang.

I'm toying with removing the stock fork reflectors in lieu of a pair of classic Lucas reflectors. Here's a couple photos. I covered the stock one with electrical tape for the photos. Permanent installation would involve drilling holes, so I need to be sure. What do y'all think? Yay or nay?

You could try these reflective stickers , black at day light, and reflecting at night ...
Complies the Euro rules.
Haven't checked the size, it's intended to helmets.
Reflective stickers are mandatory on all helmets in France. Approved size: 18.4 cm²

Last edited:
You could try these reflective stickers , black at day light, and reflecting at night ...
Complies the Euro rules.
Haven't checked the size, it's intended to helmets.
Reflective stickers are mandatory on all helmets in France. Approved size: 18.4 cm²

Great idea, thanks!

Solved the problem of the license Plate plug. Dissmatle the stock lite for the plug.
If BMW were to sell a plug that fits, I am sure it would cost more than a new light.

Not a legal requirement in the UK so dont know why they stuck them on. I will be removing mine too.

Took the passenger pegs off. Cheap fix for the holes. Lowes find...

Attachments

• D612EA2A-09F2-4442-9A48-876081F96BBE.jpeg
    D612EA2A-09F2-4442-9A48-876081F96BBE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
  • 3BE8E4DD-6C8F-4353-AA18-53FBB6800C16.jpeg
    3BE8E4DD-6C8F-4353-AA18-53FBB6800C16.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
  • C9E6677C-E2DE-4DE7-8392-C381A4BC827D.jpeg
    C9E6677C-E2DE-4DE7-8392-C381A4BC827D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 50
Back