What did you do to your R18 today?

David,
While you are in New-Hampshire make it longer to Maine!
It so beautyful down there.
My prefered state in the US.
I have friends in Portland, Rockland, and Brooklyn (Me).
I'm toying with the idea of coming down east with my bike ...
Been there many times including twice with my sail boat, in 2007 and 2015, starting from my place in south of France.
I have been to main a few times. I am going to NH because I happen to be in MA. No main this trip. I tried riding route 1 up the coast of main. It was no fun. Traffic, it was hot.....
Back roads are great. Glens Falls New York is a part of my trip, its a Tag game we play on ADV Rider. This puts me on the east side of the Adirondacks. Next stop will be Black River NY to see my mom.
One week!
I have been reading the owners manual.
David

Fly and Ride. The bike is 300 miles away. I am going to fly to Pa. Ride the bike to My brothers in MA, then hit New Hampshire, then come back to Western NY through Vermont and the Adirondacks. It will be a thousand miles the first trip.

I want the comfy seat.
I should hit 6 or 7 states.
David

Pics of the hand guards next week.
I flew to St Louis to pick up mine, got a cheap ticket, $19, Gateway picked me up at the airport, 235 mile ride home.
Left Owenboro at 09:30 was back in my hangar on the bike at 19:00.121455134_834762103965189_522301894943203469_n.jpg

Last edited:
today I received spacers for Kellermann blinkers
any movement on this Holan? Are the spacers something you'll sell? Have you found connectors so that wires don't need to be cut? How's the installation?

I like the look of the Motogadget m.blaze disc but these seem to require an adaptor to screw into the M12 threads on our handlebars.
So now you're a) obligated to go with black and b) obligated to either source a suitable spacer (basically a 12mm wide ring) or go with bar end mirrors. Which isn't the end of the world, but I think they'd conflict visually with the stock relatively swept back bars and I actually like the stock mirrors. Hmmmmmm.

new fender from DK!
View attachment 968

I'm toying with removing the stock fork reflectors in lieu of a pair of classic Lucas reflectors. Here's a couple photos. I covered the stock one with electrical tape for the photos. Permanent installation would involve drilling holes, so I need to be sure. What do y'all think? Yay or nay?

View attachment 970
and a titch lower

View attachment 969
My favorite look is no reflectors at all, but kids and cell phones, etc.
I'd say nay. Not worth it.

Back home earlier than expected as we are now confined in France with a 10 km limitation around our house.

I installed the BMW R18 frame bag, smaller than expected but enough to keep some stuff on the bike such as disc lock and sunglasses, and the insurance sticker holder (thanks to @Gerard)

View attachment 1099 View attachment 1100

Did 1.5h ride within the authorized perimeter, I'm fortunate to live in a nice place with plenty of narrow country roads and points of interest.

Here is the Chateau d'Essalois in the Gorges de la Loire which I can see from my house

View attachment 1101
Nice picture of a chateau I had never heard of.

Speaking of Kellermann bar end turn signals....

Wunderlich America got back to me today. The product number 36341-002 is compatible with our R18 and it's M12 threaded handlebars.

70BD975D-309F-4603-9DE4-B98D607FE778.jpeg

might need the adapters too?

Part # 36341102-ANB​

No it doesn't. I don't think there are connectors, just wire. They sell an adapter but, to my eye, it looks like the connector we already have. We need the thing that that thing plugs into. And I'd like to see someone give these a try prior to dropping $400. Holan, I'm looking at you:)

I looked qt their tail light adapter plug, but it does not fit the R18 and as I suspected they want more for the plug than I paid for the entire License plate light. Disexted for the plug that fits the stock wiring, plug and play.

No it doesn't. I don't think there are connectors, just wire. They sell an adapter but, to my eye, it looks like the connector we already have. We need the thing that that thing plugs into. And I'd like to see someone give these a try prior to dropping $400. Holan, I'm looking at you:)

Looks like a female plug, the wiring harness has a female plug and the lights themselves have a male plug.
Bisexual lighting plugs?

only at the weekend will I have time for a longer ride, but I have something extra: the first fairing, which is perfect for classic flashers and has space for GPS;). I will provide more details and photos on Friday when I finish the project

IMG_7925.JPGIMG_7928.JPG6849B8F1-9288-4962-A369-454076F94355_1_105_c.jpegIMG_7936.JPG

Holan, please, we need information about the comfort. Specially for long time rides (about 3 or 4 hours) I'll appreciate because I am thinking about buying it. The design is already seem and needs no more words. Thanks in advance
A few months ago there was a poster who was disappointed with that saddle because, per my recollection, it wasn’t enough of an improvement to justify the expense.

here it is

Last edited:
Back