• Due to the fact that gmail allows bots to create email accounts and then the bots use these to sign up as spammers New users cannot use @gmail.com email accounts

What did you do to your R18 today?

Urgefree

Elite Member
Welp the step by step instructions about the Corbin saddlebags will have to wait. After the long wait the installation package came with a bunch of missing fasteners and washers which would be ok I guess because I could find them at the store this weekend but there is nothing I can do about them sending me two left side mounting brackets. God only knows how long the wait will be to get a right side mounting bracket.

R2K

Elite Member
Welp the step by step instructions about the Corbin saddlebags will have to wait. After the long wait the installation package came with a bunch of missing fasteners and washers which would be ok I guess because I could find them at the store this weekend but there is nothing I can do about them sending me two left side mounting brackets. God only knows how long the wait will be to get a right side mounting bracket.
Did your fasteners get packaged like this?
34BDAA95-4701-41D5-B6C6-95AC6332A8A3.jpeg

enzo5000

Note for installation. The M8 bolts that attach to the lower front mount are too long in my opinion. I had to grind about 6mm off of each one. Then the threads into the actual case were kinda gooped up with some residual fiberglass and had to be cleaned out using an M8x1.25 tap. Minor speed bump, just be aware of it.

Urgefree

Elite Member
Did any body here mount these without rear footpegs? I’m wondering if I’m going to need spacers where the mount connects at footpeg hole.

enzo5000

Did any body here mount these without rear footpegs? I’m wondering if I’m going to need spacers where the mount connects at footpeg hole.
Yes, I did. I stacked 3 or 4 (can’t remember exactly) flat washers behind the lower mounting brackets to offset the gap when deleting the passenger pegs.

burangs

I modified and re-baffled a pair of EMGO cans to quiet them down. If the stock Classic is a 1 and the stock EMGO is a 10, I landed around a 4 on the sound scale. Oh, and I lost probably ~30# for my effort.

5F7D4AED-83FF-4782-A7F5-7C0ED41B55C4.jpeg

Last edited:

burangs

Thank you. Here is another shot of the brown and my copper plug. As much as I like the brown, I am actually considering going to a black/white welt saddle and changing the bags out to solid black —but that’s what the fun is all about.

4047746F-05DC-41BB-A18C-3A2C0CFB793B.jpeg