What did you do to your R18 today?

Welp the step by step instructions about the Corbin saddlebags will have to wait. After the long wait the installation package came with a bunch of missing fasteners and washers which would be ok I guess because I could find them at the store this weekend but there is nothing I can do about them sending me two left side mounting brackets. God only knows how long the wait will be to get a right side mounting bracket.

Welp the step by step instructions about the Corbin saddlebags will have to wait. After the long wait the installation package came with a bunch of missing fasteners and washers which would be ok I guess because I could find them at the store this weekend but there is nothing I can do about them sending me two left side mounting brackets. God only knows how long the wait will be to get a right side mounting bracket.
Did your fasteners get packaged like this?
34BDAA95-4701-41D5-B6C6-95AC6332A8A3.jpeg

Note for installation. The M8 bolts that attach to the lower front mount are too long in my opinion. I had to grind about 6mm off of each one. Then the threads into the actual case were kinda gooped up with some residual fiberglass and had to be cleaned out using an M8x1.25 tap. Minor speed bump, just be aware of it.

Did any body here mount these without rear footpegs? I’m wondering if I’m going to need spacers where the mount connects at footpeg hole.

Did any body here mount these without rear footpegs? I’m wondering if I’m going to need spacers where the mount connects at footpeg hole.
Yes, I did. I stacked 3 or 4 (can’t remember exactly) flat washers behind the lower mounting brackets to offset the gap when deleting the passenger pegs.

I modified and re-baffled a pair of EMGO cans to quiet them down. If the stock Classic is a 1 and the stock EMGO is a 10, I landed around a 4 on the sound scale. Oh, and I lost probably ~30# for my effort.

5F7D4AED-83FF-4782-A7F5-7C0ED41B55C4.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you. Here is another shot of the brown and my copper plug. As much as I like the brown, I am actually considering going to a black/white welt saddle and changing the bags out to solid black —but that’s what the fun is all about.

4047746F-05DC-41BB-A18C-3A2C0CFB793B.jpeg

My R18 Classic is only 2 days old, but of course there are some very early add-ons I had to make (especially with winter riding in the Northeast USA). The first mod was to add my favorite getting lost GPS, the Beeline Moto:IMG_0523.jpeg
Then some additional storage for those small items I always want on the bike like kick stand extender, flashlight, cleaning cloth and a place to store my phone while connected to the DIN plug for charging with the BMW Frame Bag:
IMG_0524.jpeg
Finally, I'm 6'4", so the stock windscreen on the Classic has a bit of buffeting and didn't block as much of the cold temps (35-40 this week) as I'd like. I added a MRA extended lip to the screen. It's adjustable with multiple angles and height possible. Nice bit is I can easily swap it in <2 minutes over to my GSA. This shot shows it in the fully extended position, increasing windshield height by about 6 inches.

IMG_0525.jpeg

For those with the BMW Tank Pouch or those thinking about getting one, the instructions that come with it are unclear and incomplete. You need to download the instructions from BMW's website to get the complete instructions. See here- https://www.bmw-motorrad.com/en/service/manuals/install-manual.html

The strap that attaches to the rear of the tank actually goes under the chrome bit and under the larger bolt there. See below. I was scratching my head figuring out how BMW intended to install this thing until I noticed the more detailed instructions online. Hope this helps some with the headache I had at first.

1639089979567.png

Today, after some run around, I finally put on the Corbin Hardbags. Sorry no play by play just wanted to get er done after such a long wait. I also installed Bren tune. Weather has been shite but will be able to post tune opinion later this week when it clears up. Sorry if you see this post twice. I accidentally posted it in wrong thread.

Attachments

• BDCF0DF7-937D-42C6-BB10-7B37FA8A2A75.jpeg
    BDCF0DF7-937D-42C6-BB10-7B37FA8A2A75.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 59
  • 50A3463A-4EF1-434E-90F4-C8B314A7AAF8.jpeg
    50A3463A-4EF1-434E-90F4-C8B314A7AAF8.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 59
Back